I'm fat & its all my fault, and feel free to remind me!

Options
After years of strategically eating cheeseburgers & chocolate, whilst carefully avoiding salads, its all caught up with me. And guess what, just "thinking" about being slim and watching guys on Youtube doing parkour hasn't helped me a bit. So now I have to get off my considerable backside, switch off that damn TV (hey, there's never anything on anyway), I have get moving.
Keep on my back people - I need the encouragement. B)

Replies

• robboughton
    robboughton Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, similar situation :)
  • bradmorris67
    bradmorris67 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the encouragement
    Looking forward to seeing a little less of me :D
  • AceVoss
    AceVoss Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :3 We all need the support.
  • hapa11
    hapa11 Posts: 182 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Protip: for me treadmill time is guilt free TV time.

I was just about to say that!
  • Tapir13
    Tapir13 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That post made me lol! :D Thanks. Seriously though, it's not going to be constructive to beat yourself up, you just need to accept your situation and resolve to change it. :)
  • Nerakhate
    Nerakhate Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Best intro thread ever!!
    Protip: for me treadmill time is guilt free TV time.

When I go to the gym I watch tv on my phone-lots of comedy. It makes the time go by faster.
  • tikiny4ever1974
    tikiny4ever1974 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I know the feeling
  • TheHappyLoser
    TheHappyLoser Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I did it to myself as well as you can see. I am going to change that and would happily remind you when I get my whip out :-)
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Whoa!!!! There are whips involved?? Count me in!!!
  • robdowns1300
    robdowns1300 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like. I lost over 20 pounds on mfp this winter. I log in every day, everything I eat. My log is open to friends. Currently on maintenance.
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    You are taking the first very important step. Welcome. You can do this. First find you why that important enough to stick to your program and find an exercise that you enjoy and will continue to do once you start
  • Arwen1218
    Arwen1218 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Welcome andgood luck on your journey... Remember to just take it one day at a time and if you stumble just get back up and try again. Always looking for more friends!!
  • L8model
    L8model Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can do this! I was new less than 3 months ago & I've already lost 37 pounds (47/M, 5'11"; started at 230 lbs. & now 193).

Just stick to your numbers & get in cardio 3-4 times a week for at least 30 min. I travel frequently & still found it to be much easier than I expected, since I made the commitment.

Best of luck to you! =)