grocery list and recipes

Options
hi, I am 375 pounds female and I would like to lose 150 pounds in a year,so by January 2, 2017. so I was wondering if anyone has any meal plans for all 3 meals, also great snacks, or grocery list.

Replies

• grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    My impression is if you are a woman and lose 100 pounds in a year, you're above average and ahead of the rest. (:
  • amandarawr06
    amandarawr06 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    Where are you located? I know a lot of grocery stores in Ontario, Canada now offer an in store dietitian. I assume other areas of the world are doing the same. I would check your local grocery or health stores - in my area they are free to consult with and they can help provide meal plans and good grocery lists.

If that isn't an option in your area, I would start by loading up on vegetables and fruits that you enjoy. Try high protein foods - chicken, pork, etc. I find it best to plan out my meals a couple days in advance... start by making meals that you know you like and keep the portions on the smaller side as to not over eat. Count the calories and log everything.

Add me as a friend if you wanna check out my food diary.
  • eileensofianmushinfine
    Options
    I make a weekly dinner menu and then tailor my grocery list to it. I usually make a huge batch of chicken thighs that I divide out into 5-6 oz portions and put in tupperware to take for lunches. I also bring salad fixings to work to make lunch every day. For breakfast, I drink a chocolate protein shake that I make with skim milk and PB2 (powdered peanut butter).

You can find lots of recipes all over the internet. I usually pull recipes from food network or cooking channel as well as cooking light. You can also buy lots of "light" cooking magazines.
  • Jewels_Ka
    Jewels_Ka Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    This is something you need to sit down and create for yourself. Brain storm. look at recipes you maybe interested in. Don't make it complicated. Grocery list - basics. Start a diary and maybe on the front page write a list of things you pick up every week and prep. So snacking would include: nuts/seeds, carrots, sugar free popsicles, natural yogurt, hummus, salsa and what ever other healthy snacks you may come up with. I buy a large bag of nuts and measure out portions and store them away for when need them. Use Ziploc bags or something similar. Eggs, Tuna (or other canned fish) for protein. Don't be hard on yourself. Oatmeal is great before workouts or in the mornings. I also recommend Juicing! I love it and it worked for me like nothing else. Invest in a cold press or low speed juicer, they are a bit pricier but so worth it. Besides that its easier to clean then any other high speed, they yield better juice in larger quantities. You would never get juice from kale in a high speed juicer. I juice religiously! even when I go off course I still juice. You can do it. When you find you loose motivation read over success stories. they will get you back in the swing of things. Sun is must! which means you need to get out of the house. Even for 15-20 min a day or every other day. GET OUTSIDE! Even if you see no point in it - GET OUTSIDE! Its essential to your mood, peace of mind and just to get your thoughts together. its like meditation. walk in silence - breath deeply and enjoy the sun on your face. MFP is always here to support you. GOOD LUCK.
  • Jewels_Ka
    Jewels_Ka Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Here is a great web site to learn about vegetables and fruits and juicing.
    http://juicing-for-health.com/healing-vegetables.html
  • Proter12
    Proter12 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Juice Recipes for Weight Loss :-
    Apples - 2 medium (3" dia) 364g
    Celery - 4 stalk, large (11"-12" long) 256g
    Cucumber - 1 cucumber (8-1/4") 301g
    Ginger Root - 1 thumb (1" dia) 24g
    Kale - 6 leaf (8-12") 210g
    Lemon - 1/2 fruit (2-3/8" dia) 42g
  • Rlavigne93
    Rlavigne93 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    How's your healthy journey been going? The most success I've had with weight loss came with a monotonous diet I'm afraid. A lot of eggs, oatmeal, greek yogurt, and well seasoned chicken breast.
  • DaniCanadian
    DaniCanadian Posts: 261 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hi there, firstly, awesome job on committing to losing weight and getting healthier!
    I just wanted to give you a heads up about your goal of 150 within a year. My mom was 379 lbs in sept of 2015. She was told to change her lifestyle or she'd basically be dead within 5 years or so.
    She joined dr. Bernstein which is an extreme form of dieting (900-1000cals per day and very restrictive). She lost just under 100 lbs in 6 months but it had definite consequences. She's had hair loss, they have to wean her off all the supplements, and she now has gallstones. On top of this, she now has the challenge of keeping that weight off and losing 50 more.
    Please be very careful with this, your weight didn't come on fast and you shouldn't expect it to come off fast. Always put your health first and I suggest seeing a registered dietitian and your doc for the safest approach.