Nursing Mothers

mommamel78
mommamel78 Posts: 2 Member
Is there a way for the app to know a mother is breastfeeding? Personally I am nursing two children (toddler and newborn) so my caloric/protein needs are higher than normal. I was impressed to see baby wearing and placenta capsules as options on here, so I wonder if nursing is an option as well.
Thanks!

Replies

• StarryJD
    StarryJD Posts: 19 Member
    Congrats on your new little one. Not that I could find when I was nursing (not that long ago; just stopped). I had good luck just adding 500 calories to my daily calorie goal.
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    I heard that you can enter breastfeeding in under activities. Feel free to add me, I am a doula and would be happy to encourage you in your journey.
  • SlimMommy19
    SlimMommy19 Posts: 18 Member
    It is under exercise!!!! Burns a ton of calories!!! I call it my own personal liposuction because your baby is getting all the good fat, sugar and etc.
  • mommamel78
    mommamel78 Posts: 2 Member
    I made it an exercise and put 300. I assume it would be more since I nurse both turkey butts, and pump.

SlimMommy- what did you type to find it?

And miss doula lady- you rock!! Doulas are amazing and I just had a vba2c despite being tube fed and picc lined multiple times.