Holy moly, I just cut my friend list nearly in half..

Options
I wasn't trying to be harsh, but I realized a few things. I don't particularly care to connect with people who don't interact in any way. I don't expect messages or comments or even likes. I don't mind offering support with little in return, but I would like to see something in your newsfeed other than your streak. Other than that, I've come to the conclusion that if you consistently net under 1200 calories (barring some medical reason), I can't offer support. It's nothing personal.. I just don't agree with it. And lastly, I don't enjoy being one of many hundreds of your friends. It's not that you may not be able to keep up with me. It's that I feel my support is lost in a crowd of support and that it doesn't really matter.

I do want friends though! I've connected with some awesome people here, and they make so much difference when it comes to all this health and fitness and nutrition stuff! So if you're a female who wasn't put off by everything I just said, I'd love to connect.

Replies

• BinaryFu
    BinaryFu Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    A female who isn't under 1200 calories and doesn't have hundreds or thousands of friends? Do. They. Exist?
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    BinaryFu wrote: »
    A female who isn't under 1200 calories and doesn't have hundreds or thousands of friends? Do. They. Exist?

Here. :)

Quality more than quantity in all things. :)

I'm about to weed out a few people, too. I don't have that many "friends" on here and would like to keep the people who are supportive and committed to this like I am (try to be)
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1580 calories and in this for the long haul. I'd love to connect with you to help support your journey.
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    @imonmyway7 Thanks! I hardly use facebook and have only a handful of followers on instagram, so no danger of that! I'm a good year into my love affair with fitness and nutrition, so I think I'll be ok :)
  • sweetvalor
    sweetvalor Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just did the same thing!
  • lizzy_satellite
    lizzy_satellite Posts: 112 Member
    Options

*waves*. I don't accept friend requests on here as my account is just for personal accountability, and I eat 1650-1850.
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I weed out friends too especially if they have not checked in over 2 months. I do send "We miss you" reminders.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is 1530/day. I'm on here daily and I post status updates. I agree with you. I like seeing people active other than just steak numbers!
  • evolutionaerie
    evolutionaerie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting back into the swing of things, so I can't promise I'll be totally consistent, but I'd love to be friends! :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

:laugh:

There's a few of us!
  • gshimp
    gshimp Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use mfp often for personal accountability but love the motivation aspect now that I can access it on my phone app. Sounds like you would help me out a ton to stay on track as well as me giving you some shout out from time to time. I am a p90x grad and p90x3 grad now I am on 21 day fix which seems to fit my schedule and helps me with portion control. Hope to hear from you. If not good luck on the journey to become better.
  • elizabethymartin
    elizabethymartin Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I try to do over 1400 but I must confess I have a VERY hard time netting that. I can easily eat that or more but have a hard time netting it. Just not hungry enough for the right foods to fill in the gap! If I'm not hungry I can always make room for pizza, pasta, cheese or cocktails but those are empty or fatty cals. So if u can forgive me that, I'm a big "liker" (and I do read what I'm liking) and a fairly regular commenter. And I too am frustrated with not getting the same support from more than 4 wonderful ppl. Add me if u can overlook my cals. :smiley:
  • MsLexii
    MsLexii Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I would like to see something in your newsfeed other than your streak. Other than that, I've come to the conclusion that if you consistently net under 1200 calories (barring some medical reason), I can't offer support. It's nothing personal.. I just don't agree with it.

I LOVE this ^^^^^

- I also love open diaries, which I have (to my friends) - Though, today I am trying to recover from some crazy tummy bug that my daughter and I got, so MFP won't let me log it due to lack of calories - which I totally support healthy eating habits and fueling the body properly! - I'd say over half my friends haven't logged in for months. I have very few active friends! Trying to find some more!
  • BinaryFu
    BinaryFu Posts: 240 Member
    Options

Here. :)

Quality more than quantity in all things. :)

I'm about to weed out a few people, too. I don't have that many "friends" on here and would like to keep the people who are supportive and committed to this like I am (try to be)

Nice SGB...you go girl.
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Haha agreed. My account is for logging my food mainly but I always wonder if I'm being 'supportive enough' though because I don't like/comment on every little thing- especially completing your diary under goal when someone logs 2000 cals of exercise gardening for an hour... Plus I just don't have time for that!

Maybe I need a clean out too ;)