Needing a Lifestyle Change..

Options
alucas8298
alucas8298 Posts: 2 Member
I want to be healthy, not super skinny. A little weight loss on the way never hurt anyone. Seeking advice and motivation, if you have any extra.

Replies

• flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Make healthy living and exercise a habit. Once you get into a habit, you will feel guilty if you don't stick to it. That is my advice.
  • sjboulden
    sjboulden Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Best advice I can give is to increase your fruit and vegetable intake and walk, run, or bike whenever possible. I can give you my program that I'm doing (all beginning stuff cause I haven't done anything in years) if you like.
  • shortcdngirl
    shortcdngirl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You have to really want it. Flippy and SJ have given you good advice, but you really have to want it. Needing and wanting are two different things. If you want it, it will come from with in and you wont stop, its like an unknown force that drives you. You wont need to seek motivation from others because that motivation will come from within.
  • LoveEpifanie
    LoveEpifanie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I would recommend starting out by making small, sustainable lifestyle changes. Such as cutting out calories from the liquids you drink, stop eating fast food, be active for 30 minutes a day, etc. *kitten* your own problem areas and look for small changes you can make. Once you have made one habit, find another to work on.
  • alucas8298
    alucas8298 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • mhealea
    mhealea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Take baby steps. Exercise, eat cleanly, drink plenty of water and get plenty of rest. Log everything you eat don't cheat, you are only cheating yourself when you do this. Weight and measurement everything, it's a pain at first but it will because natural after a while. Feel free to add me to your friends list.
  • heart4sole
    heart4sole Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy. Portion control is very important as well.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    You have to really want it. Flippy and SJ have given you good advice, but you really have to want it. Needing and wanting are two different things. If you want it, it will come from with in and you wont stop, its like an unknown force that drives you. You wont need to seek motivation from others because that motivation will come from within.

Totally agree with your statement. The want can be small or big short-term or long-term but it has to be totally selfish. It can't be for your significant other it can't be for your kids if you have any, it has to be totally for you. By it being totally for you, everything else takes care of it self.

• KristinRG85
    KristinRG85 Posts: 11 Member
    Options

Totally agree with your statement. The want can be small or big short-term or long-term but it has to be totally selfish. It can't be for your significant other it can't be for your kids if you have any, it has to be totally for you. By it being totally for you, everything else takes care of it self.

Agreed. And I would add that you have to believe that you're worth it. Believe that you are worth the time and effort and that the selfishness of it is okay.