In serious need of motivation

Options
I'm in serious need of motivation and support I've been struggling real bad and I'm needing to lose around 70 pounds and I hope to have that gone by next summer. I've been doing some searching on Pinterest and you can find slot of exercises you can do at home and at the gym. Please feel free to pass along any tips you may have. I look forward to any new friends that can support me I'd also like a chat/text buddy to check in with me on how I'm doing.

Replies

• brittany042791
    brittany042791 Posts: 5 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    My advice to you to get on top of fitness is do something you don't dread. Go bike riding, dance alone in your room like a maniac for half an hour, or go to the gym and lift. Whatever you don't hate. As for the diet eat clean six days out of the week. Chicken and greens, Salmon and quinoa, good nutrient dense foods. Then the seventh eat what you want, but don't go crazy. You will be great. You got this girly, now go kick some *kitten*!
  • Believeinme35
    Believeinme35 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello, I think this bus stopped at my house today too
  • evolutionaerie
    evolutionaerie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I LOVE hula hooping. It's so much fun that you can forget you're exercising, and you get to jam out to your favourite music!
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately the answer is very simple and complicated at the same time. It's a matter of finding your want versus your need. You may need to lose the 70 pounds but until you want it nothing's going to happen.

• STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Once you find your need the motivation and support will come from within you're not going to need anybody else to motivate or support you. You will have to find a way as far as why you want to do it. That why I have to be totally selfish it can't be for your significant other or your kids. It has to be totally selfish. By it becoming totally selfish every thing else will take care of itself.

As far as the exercises are working out there are so many things you can do walk the neighborhood find a nice park ride a bike go swimming. Also there are plenty of YouTube exercises and workout videos. Good luck in your journey.
  • doddsar127
    doddsar127 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Can relate. At 5 feet tall, I plan to lose 30. It is a lifestyle change. A self education. Here is what my nurse and nutritionist told me and is working for me. Start by just tracking to see what you are putting into your mouth and how much you move right now. Step up the vigor of your daily movement (cleaning, gardening, walking, showing,, waving the car, doing the dishes...erc) ... and be mindful of your energy before during and after you eat. Look at your trends in mfp. You will see when you tend to over do it... when you have and satisfy cravings. Make adjustments to keep your energy burn consistent. Once you can see it, then you can change it.