Options
BLifts38
BLifts38 Posts: 248 Member
Title says it all.... andddddd go!

Replies

• capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Not really a recipe but I like to slow cook a batch every week, and shred it to use in everything. I even put it in my scrambled egg wraps some morning. And hell, I've even sat down with a bowl of shredded thighs after a lifting session and eaten them straight and cold. But I'm weird like that.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    http://www.bhg.com/recipe/three-herb-chicken-and-mushrooms/

I made this last week and really love it.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Olive oil, fresh squeezed lemon, salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano... Bake on 325 untill done, tastes like a "Greek chicken"
    Love chicken thighs.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
  • BLifts38
    BLifts38 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    My favorite way is a technique more than a recipe. Picked it up from America's Test Kitchen. Preheat oven to 475 - also put heavy baking sheet in oven to preheat. Pierce skin of bone-in, skin-on thighs 6-8 times with sharp knife, dry well. Season both side with salt, pepper or other seasoning of choice. Cover pre-heated pan with foil or parchment and add chicken, skin-side down then and place on bottom rack of oven for about 10 minutes or until brown and crispy. You may need to open a window - this can get smokey. Turn over chicken so it is skin-side up and move to top rack for 10 more minutes or until temp reads 165.

Piercing the skin helps the fat drain out as it renders, keeping it from getting soggy, and the hot, preheated pan ensures that the skin gets nice and crispy as it fries in it's own fat. Super simple. Super yummy! And you can roast a pan of veggies in the bottom rack while the chicken cooks on the top.
  • palau_sam
    palau_sam Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Spicy:

1.) Try 3 tablespoon sriracha and 3 tablespoon of low sodium soy sauce for four pieces of thighs. Bake bone in at 350 for 40 mins.

2.) Cut 4 cloves of garlic, quarter yellow onion and 2 jalapeño cut up into strips (wear gloves when you do this). Sauté for 2mins.

Use thigh cutlets without bone. Cook on stovetop with non stick pan with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil and a sea salt to taste. Cook over medium heat low heat with lid on for 4-5 mins flip and cook for 3-4 mins. Or until firm.

Hope you like. The second really isn't spicy it just sounds spicy and the jalapeño just adds another demention.
  • palau_sam
    palau_sam Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Oh just to clarify I gave you two spicy recipes!!!!!! Lol.