Tough Challenge! 1,500 pushups in 30 days!

Options

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I'm a fat tub-o-lard but I'll join you beginning with my exercises tomorrow. Really. I do it in the morning.
    I got my 50 in today in the following manner: 20, then do something else. 10, then do something else. 10, then do something else. 10. The "something else" was a combination of breakfast prep and squats. I'd been doing 30 push-ups 3 days each week for 3 months and had recently increased that to 40 push-ups those 3 days. Increasing to 50 on Day 1 was not difficult as it followed a weekend of rest. We'll see how I handle trying to do this every day.

This was the first time I'd tried 20 at once. It went well. Next week I'll attempt 30 in the first group.

Day 2 of Challenge has been met. This time, in the manner of 1 set of 20, something else, 1 set of 20, something else, 1 set of 10. This time the "something else was 100 squats swinging a 15lb kettlebell between my legs, and breakfast prep.

That kettlebell swinging activated muscles all over my torso, top to bottom and front to back. I'm good sore all over.
  • ScoobaChick
    ScoobaChick Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Starting this a little late. Thank you @JeromeBarry1 for the link to this challenge.

Today is my Day 1 I guess. I followed Jerome's lead and did 2 sets of 20 push-ups then another 10 for a daily total of 50. I"m used to doing 3 sets of 15 so doing 2 sets of 20 was a nice challenge. Took 30 second rest between each set. Now that I understand better the challenge I will do more tomorrow. These were simple full-body push-ups on the floor.

Monthly total: 50
  • JeromeBarry1
    Options
    hit 110 push ups today , 30 of them with a 45lb plate on back.

Lol! My 67 lb plate is inside my belly, shrinking.
  • PatrickG09128
    PatrickG09128 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    18MAY 4 x 45 180 Running Total 1440
  • ScoobaChick
    Options
    Day 2: May 18th: 20 20 10 (regular floor)

Monthly total: 100

30 sec recovery between first two sets. 60 sec rec between last two sets.
  • JeromeBarry1
    Options

Day 2 of Challenge has been met. This time, in the manner of 1 set of 20, something else, 1 set of 20, something else, 1 set of 10. This time the "something else was 100 squats swinging a 15lb kettlebell between my legs, and breakfast prep.

That kettlebell swinging activated muscles all over my torso, top to bottom and front to back. I'm good sore all over.

Day 3 of Challenge has been met. 20, 20, 10.
  • djspacecaptain
    djspacecaptain Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Day 10 : rest
  • PatrickG09128
    PatrickG09128 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    19MAY 4 x 45 180 Running Total 1620 B)
  • chickboy0
    chickboy0 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I do 30 every 2 days.. so I actually need to do it everyday if I want to hit 1500. Doesn't sound too bad.
    I suppose I will start counting today, so day 1: 30/1500
  • JeromeBarry1
    Options

Day 3 of Challenge has been met. 20, 20, 10.

Day 4 of Challenge has been met. 20, 20, 10.
  • ScoobaChick
    Options
    Day 3 of challenge - Suspended push-ups as part of a superset

15 15 20 : daily total 50

Running total: 150
  • JeromeBarry1
    Options
    Day 5 of Challenge has been met. 22, 23, 5
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Day 6. Still at zero push ups. I should start working on this soon.
  • JeromeBarry1
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »

That would reset you to your Day 1. It's never too late.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »

You still have plenty of time. Maybe wait until the last week and knock them out then?
  • ScoobaChick
    Options
    Day 4 - 20 15 15 regular floor push-ups

Running total: 200

Obviously I am not going to get to 1500 by June 1st. I'll still keep going until then. Are you guys starting a new challenge for June or do we keep going in this group until we reach 1500?
  • cjmmach
    cjmmach Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    just started using this my fitness pal app and it's pretty awesome. This looks like ol' fashion fun I think I will join in even though I'm bout a week behind everyone but that's OK. Was in the service many moons ago and do remember that push-ups can be done every day and develop fast as you keep doing them so here I go haven't done one in a long time.
  • ScoobaChick
    Options
    Welcome CJM!

Day 5 - 20 15 15 (floor push-ups - supersetted with lat pull-downs)

Running total: 250
  • djspacecaptain
    Options
    Day 4 - 20 15 15 regular floor push-ups

Running total: 200

Obviously I am not going to get to 1500 by June 1st. I'll still keep going until then. Are you guys starting a new challenge for June or do we keep going in this group until we reach 1500?

If you can't get 1,500 no worries! It might take me a little more than 30 days so it really doesnt matter how long it takes just as long as you put the work in. I will be starting a new pushup challenge like a week or so after i complete this one (there is no rush complete this one first and start the new one when you want) but i will put the link here when i start the new one. I am really getting some muscle tone in my triceps from all the pushups i hope you guys are getting some results too!
  • djspacecaptain
    Options
    Nice job everyone! keep it up!