Back at this.... Again

Options
AmyG1982
AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
I just realized I've been using mfp for a little over 5 years (off and on) and am only 5 lbs from my starting weight. Depressing!!! I've just come back after having a baby and need some motivation! I've lost the baby weight and now want to lose 65lbs as my first real goal (but could really stand to lose 80-100). I'm trying to eat clean (but I'm off work right now so cheap wins out over healthy some days) and I'm cutting my sugar intake -I have a serious problem controlling myself when I'm adding sugar to stuff. I'd love some more friends who are active on here, trying to be healthy but not starving yourself. I get sad when I see people eating like 1000 calories a day (no judgement if it works for you but it's not for me). :)

Replies

• stephbrooks
    stephbrooks Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. I've been on mfp for prob more than 5 years as well. I have lost BIG amounts of weight all to gain it back plus more. I'm a mom of two and you are right easy and cheap win sometimes. I'm willing to help motivate if you will me.
  • eugnl
    eugnl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request! I'm super active on the app, and will keep you accountable and motivated!
  • stephbrooks
    stephbrooks Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Great! I am pretty active myself. We can do this!
  • bdobrowski
    bdobrowski Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Um well if it makes you feel better I haven't logged in for 3 years and am now 30 lbs OVER what my starting weight was then. Ugh!
  • gonzalde
    gonzalde Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I've been in the same place as you. Trying to lose that stubborn weight after a pregnancy, or rather three. I hit a plateau and couldn't move forward. I started on a fitness program and committed to a healthy life style change. I lost weight and still losing. I'm here to help if you have any questions
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Come and join us in this postpartum group where we encourage each other and do a weekly weigh in.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/113945-fit-fabulous-postpartum