Sauces for Sautéed veggies

Options
jaxamoto
jaxamoto Posts: 8 Member
I've been trying to cook more at home but I don't like to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. I usually sauté veggies with chicken and season with salt and pepper but I'm starting to get bored and need some ideas to spice up the flavor! Any suggestions? Must be quick, simple, and somewhat healthy. :)

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Liquid aminos w/ stevia : tastes like a low cal teriyaki sauce.
    Garlic powder
    Onion powder
    Sriracha salt
    Chili powder
    Cinnamon and nutmeg
    Lemon juice
    Balsamic vinegar
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    This alfredo works:
    http://toriavey.com/toris-kitchen/2013/01/roasted-cauliflower-alfredo-with-peas/
    Roasted Cauliflower Alfredo with Peas
    Ingredients
    1 large head of cauliflower - 3 lbs. (or 2 1/2 lbs. pre-cut florets)
    1 cup frozen peas
    1 tbsp butter
    1 tbsp cornstarch
    1 cup milk
    1/2 cup parmesan cheese
    1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt

Salt and white or black pepper to taste
  • Sheri2016
    Sheri2016 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I've been on a Thai peanut sauce kick lately its great on zoodles
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Loaded with cream and butter, I am making a sorrel and caper sauce for the trout and veggies...
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    jaxamoto wrote: »
    I've been trying to cook more at home but I don't like to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. I usually sauté veggies with chicken and season with salt and pepper but I'm starting to get bored and need some ideas to spice up the flavor! Any suggestions? Must be quick, simple, and somewhat healthy. :)
    Pick something you cook that is hard to clean because stuff has stuck to the pan. French cooks call that stuff fond, FOuNDation of the sauce. After you take your stuff out, add some liquid like wine, stock, vinegar, etc. and scrape and stir on heat until the "burnt bits" dissolve. Continue to cook stirring until it's as thick as you want and just pour it over the veggies and chicken you started with.
  • WindSparrow
    WindSparrow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Lime juice, garlic, and pepper.

Catalina dressing and hot sauce.

Balsamic vinegar, basil, garlic, and pepper.
  • Ozzyzmommy
    Ozzyzmommy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Oldhobo can you give me a " For Instance " of meat and how to cook them to get the "Sticky base" Coated ? Seasoned?
    Please I like to try new "Food picker-uppers"
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Search youtube for pan sauce and you'll see examples for chicken, pork beef etc. Science: To Make a Better Pan Sauce, Break All the Rules is interesting because it explains the process by demonstrating the wrong way to cook chicken.
    Stainless steel works best because it doesn't react to the acid in wine or vinegar like iron or aluminum does.