New to the Message Board

Options
Hi All, I have been a member of MFP for almost a year. I created my account and didn't really do much with it. I have been using the app on my phone off and on but the barcode scanning feature is what got my hooked. I am a single woman on a tight budget, so I am altering the portions of what I currently have in the cabinets. I can't go on a crazy "health food" grocery shopping spree just yet. :)
I want to be able to lead a normal life without feeling cheated. You know? I have also schedule workout sessions with my friend using Wii Fit this week.

Replies

• True_angel4ever
    Options
    Welcome! This is truly a great site! Feel free to add me, and good luck on your journey!
  • rltoms99
    rltoms99 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I'm failry new to MFP but love it thus far!! Feel free to add me and best of luck to you :smile: :smile:
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! It's truly awesome here! Feel free to friend me for some extra support!
  • Aquariuswaves
    Options
    Thank you for the quick responses! I have tried this in the past and the support is what I think I was lacking. It is much appreciated. :happy:
  • Aquariuswaves
    Options
    Thank you for the quick responses! I have tried this in the past and the support is what I think I was lacking. It is much appreciated. :happy:
  • ddphotofocus
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm the friend with the Wii!!! I'm super excited to be on here and to have a friend on this awesome journey. I always go back and forth with trying to do work outs but am confident that I can stick with it with my friend by my side! :)
  • rddeppy
    rddeppy Posts: 44
    Options
    HI! I'm new myself. Just joined today. I want to be held accountable but really dont want the people in my day to day life to know the weight I've gotten to. I have a hard time adjusting my menu to accomodate the kids (two of my kids need extra calories to grow) and not eat that crap but still stay in my budget. Would love to hear how you are tweaking your supplies to make it work!
  • Aquariuswaves
    Options
    Well, number one is water and we all have that. :) With what I have, I have decreased my portions. Also, I pay attention to what a true serving in per container Is. Man, I was overeating. Making those adjustments alone will set you forth on the right track. If you can, try to log you food and fluid intake as you go throughout the day. This will keep you accountable and aware of what you are eating. It is helping me so far. So, by pay day, I will be able to replenish my supplies with something other than processed foods.