Personal Peference

Options
I have to weigh everyday but only record the number on my actual weighing day which is every Wednesday morning. I think it will keep me accountable were I am going right or wrong.

Replies

• GeertH
    GeertH Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What I find more useful is weighing every day, record the weight somewhere (I use a Google spreadsheet) and have the average of the measurements calculated every week. Then I can see how it evolves. If the averages go down, I'm losing weight. They go up, I'm gaining.

The problem with taking snapshots or looking at daily measurements is that weight can fluctuate a lot. Depending on how hydrated you are, when you last ate, last went to the toilet, how much carbs you did or didn't eat... variations of 2 kilograms/4 pounds are not even unusual. So if you look at measurements with a 1-week interval, you might end up comparing an unusually light day to an unusually heavy one, think you're messing up while actually average weight has gone down. Or the other way around. Averages won't lie.

My preference is to weigh myself in the morning, right after getting up and going to the toilet but before drinking or eating anything.
  • ho11y4271
    ho11y4271 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have to weigh everyday but only record the number on my actual weighing day which is every Wednesday morning. I think it will keep me accountable were I am going right or wrong.

You've done 2 other posts where you say you haven't weighed your self for 2-3 weeks and are really worried about getting on the scales, now you're saying you weigh everyday. Confusing!
  • ho11y4271
    ho11y4271 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    For me weighing ever day/morning I can see whether I am logging my food/beverages correctly,then if I am on the right path I will continue if not I will tweak. I will only record weighing day number on the Wednesday which is were I actually care about the number. It's so frustrating weighing your food because all the calculations has to be right. I have to keep one foot in front of the other,losing weight is what I do it's not who I am!!!, I will beat this :)

this is probably why you've had so many posts on here saying you're not losing, because you don't weigh your food, meaning how do you know how much you're eating and log calories correctly. Going by what you weigh everyday doesn't mean you're eating right, it means you could have gained water weight or muscle weight.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    For me weighing ever day/morning I can see whether I am logging my food/beverages correctly,then if I am on the right path I will continue if not I will tweak. I will only record weighing day number on the Wednesday which is were I actually care about the number. It's so frustrating weighing your food because all the calculations has to be right. I have to keep one foot in front of the other,losing weight is what I do it's not who I am!!!, I will beat this :)

I'm sorry, but you are doing this totally wrong. Weighing every day is good for the reasons GeertH explained, you're not supposed to tweak your intake from day to day based on what you weigh any given day. That will also drive you nuts. All calculations don't really have to be totally accurate, they just have to be right enough, in the ballpark, consistently in the right direction and not far off. Dieting (as in consistently and purposefully eating less calories than you burn in order to lose weight) isn't really that complicated. Not eating whatever whenever can be difficult, and that's something you have to do. But keeping track of what you eat is what MFP does for you.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Op - please refer back to the other 50 threads you've created and reread all the info you have been given

All of this.