Celebrate with me!

Options
Got on the scales this morning to see I now weigh 9 stone 13.75lb! (Uk user, so I think in stone. 1 stone =14lb) That's a total of 60.25lb lost since last July and the first time I've been under 10 stone in about 15 years! I also bought my first pair of uk size 8 jeans yesterday which is a huge deal for me as I hold much of my weight round my bum and thighs.

I never thought I could get this far. I've lost some weight countless times but this is the first time I know I can actually finish what I've started!

7lb to go until I'm officially not overweight anymore, according to my bmi, and 14lb to my goal of 9 stone (126lb), although I may lose a few more vanity pounds after that depending on how I feel.

Feeling fabulous today, celebrate with me people! And for those just starting out, I hope this can be some motivation for you of what is possible if you just keep going.

Philippa.

Replies

• caaaath
    caaaath Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Really well done! My bad maths says 60lbs down, that's just over 4 stone loss. Amazing work!
  • godlikepoetyes
    godlikepoetyes Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Thrilled for you! You have come a long way. Feels great, doesn't it? I know exactly what you mean about knowing you will "finish" this time. I feel the same way.
  • subakwa
    subakwa Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!

As another UK user though I am stunned that anyone who can fit to size 8 jeans could ever be overweight!
  • philippakate197
    philippakate197 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    ridge4mfp wrote: »
    Thrilled for you! You have come a long way. Feels great, doesn't it? I know exactly what you mean about knowing you will "finish" this time. I feel the same way.
    Yes, I'm so confident that's this time I've not kept any of my old clothes once they no longer fit - the local charity shop has done really well out of it!
  • philippakate197
    Options
    subakwa wrote: »
    Fabulous!

As another UK user though I am stunned that anyone who can fit to size 8 jeans could ever be overweight!

I'm only 5'1 though and an hourglass figure, so big boobs and bum - I think that has something to do with it!
  • Kait_Dee
    Kait_Dee Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Well done! Congratulations on all of your hard work and success!!!
  • lynch17
    lynch17 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yippee. Well done.

Feels absolutely fantastic doesn't it?
    Do you still walk into shops and head for the wrong sizes??

Similar situation for me. Same weight as you with perhaps a pound either size some weeks. I'm down from 15st 7lbs

I agree. This time I'm finished as well. No going back for me either as all my bigger clothes have gone!! For good!
  • philippakate197
    Options
    lynch17 wrote: »
    Yippee. Well done.

Feels absolutely fantastic doesn't it?
    Do you still walk into shops and head for the wrong sizes??

Similar situation for me. Same weight as you with perhaps a pound either size some weeks. I'm down from 15st 7lbs

I agree. This time I'm finished as well. No going back for me either as all my bigger clothes have gone!! For good!

Well done to you too, amazing work!

I don't pick up the wrong size in shops, but I take size 8's into the changing room thinking "there's no way this will fit, it looks tiny!" Then I'm shocked that it does! It's definitely taking a while for my brain to realise my body has shrunk!

• b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Well done and thanks for sharing!! Keep up the great work!
  • critterbug15
    critterbug15 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Congrats, Philippa!