Net calories after exercise?

Options
Does it really matter that much?

I know you should eat back your exercise calories, but I think consuming that many calories is counter-productive to weight loss.
However, I also think netting less than 1200 is ridiculous.

For example, I just hopped off my elliptical. Between what I ate earlier today and the calories I just burned, I have netted 381 calories. Eating 1000-1200 this late is not good for my sometimes sensitive tummy.

Please message me with useful information and suggestions, the threads are a bit hard to follow.

Replies

• lcoreo5
    lcoreo5 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    i am working with a personal trainer and she said to ignore the net calories you earn from exercise. it defeats the purpose of exercise... i mean, we want to burn those calories, not eat them right back! as for the amount of calories you eat, she said that as long as you are satisfied through out the day, you are ok. good luck :)
  • danieljallen86
    danieljallen86 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Net calories is absolutely vital, especially after exercise. A common diet mistake is that people eat too little. If you drop too low, your body thinks it is starving and will hold onto calories. If you are worried about eating too much late in the day, just eat more calories earlier if you know that you will be exercising later.