My new best friend!!!

Options
Well,I have lost 65 lbs and I have been stuck in a rut. Making every excuse not to walk was becoming a new thing for me. It's too hot, the baby will get sunburned. Well...I have a treadmill...HELLO!!! Anyways.. I just haven't been in the mood, and my brain is telling me..65 lbs is pretty good, no need to keep walking.

Food use to be my best friend..but I have found a new one....my pedometer! Now..I know they can be really inaccurate..but who cares? It has me moving. I had walked 14,000 steps yesterday and as of 5pm today I only had 4,000 steps.. well I knew I had to get close to 14,000...I mowed the lawn and walked on my treadmill for 30 mins and I got in 15,075 steps today! The best part? Only a $5.00 investment from Walmart..and even though the steps may not be completely accurate..the time I am spending walking is so valuable and real!

I am so excited that I found my new best friend. I even found myself walking in place while I did the dishes just to get my steps in! This is going to help me get through that plateau that I have been stuck on for 3 weeks!!! 36 lbs left to get rid of..Here I come!!!

Replies

• russmama
    russmama Posts: 6
    Options
    I totally agree...I absolutely LOVE my pedometer...it's a great incentive to "get movin'" on those days when you look down and you haven't even made it to the 10,000 mark. Way to go -- you made a GREAT friend!! :smile:
  • loseatonlady
    loseatonlady Posts: 160
    Options
    Way to go & you're gonna push yourself outta that rutt! Awesome job!
  • lisapickering
    Options
    That's great that you found a tool that works for you!! And fantastic losing 65lbs... but don't stop there!
  • BradNC
    BradNC Posts: 51
    Options
    Nice job Jules!