starve???

Options
Been under so much stress lately, I haven't been eating all that much but the i don't always eat properly anyway. Yet can't lose weight. The past two weeks iv lost a coupe pound and my head is telling me to forget about food until I'm really hungry than eat something light. I'm so depressed right now that my head is spinning thinking not eating is a good thing, when I know it isn't. Just want to *kitten* out the world

Replies

• tulipmlg
    tulipmlg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Shut the world out .. kitten?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Eat, you may feel better!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    MFP replaces what they define as "bad" words with "kitten".

Do you have a therapist you can speak with? Sounds like you are depressed. Unfortunately, it's common. Good news is it IS treatable. What resources to you have for support? Family? A doctor?
  • Jamiempang
    Jamiempang Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Not eating enough can be just as bad as eating too much. Your body needs food as fuel and if it isn't getting enough it will store fat. Your body is smart... it wants to survive. How many calories are you eating per day? Depending on your age/weight/sex etc you should be able to set a specific goal for calories and then set a good balanced macro goal. Try meal planning ahead of time. I actually cook my lunches on Sunday and have them ready to go for the week. I also have my breakfast/snack/dinners planned an in my fitness pal before the week starts. It doesn't take very long to do once you get the hang of it, and then you know you are set for the week.

Eating too little can cause your metabolism to slow down. That isn't a good thing! Sounds like you need some positive support!! Feel free to add me/send a msg if you need someone to talk to.
  • Jamiempang
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Sorry posted twice
  • Jamiempang
    Options
    Not eating enough can be just as bad as eating too much. Your body needs food as fuel and if it isn't getting enough it will store fat. Your body is smart... it wants to survive. How many calories are you eating per day? Depending on your age/weight/sex etc you should be able to set a specific goal for calories and then set a good balanced macro goal. Try meal planning ahead of time. I actually cook my lunches on Sunday and have them ready to go for the week. I also have my breakfast/snack/dinners planned an in my fitness pal before the week starts. It doesn't take very long to do once you get the hang of it, and then you know you are set for the week.

Eating too little can cause your metabolism to slow down. That isn't a good thing! Sounds like you need some positive support!! Feel free to add me/send a msg if you need someone to talk to.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Get professional help. It can really help!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    You have to be in a good place with yourself to add dieting to your stress right now. I'm with everyone else--get therapy to cope with your life and then tackle losing weight. Don't put too much on your plate all at once.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    tulipmlg wrote: »
    Been under so much stress lately, I haven't been eating all that much but the i don't always eat properly anyway. Yet can't lose weight. The past two weeks iv lost a coupe pound and my head is telling me to forget about food until I'm really hungry than eat something light.

Focus on eating properly and reducing stress. Stress causes inflammation which makes you retain water. If you are not eating a balanced diet you may be losing important vitamins and minerals. Think about nourishing your body within the daily calorie allotment. Take care of yourself and do some fun, non fattening, activities.
  • godlikepoetyes
    godlikepoetyes Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Follow MFP's plan. It really is that simple. You may or may not be depressed, can't really tell from your post. I also don't think you need professional help based on your post, though I could be very wrong. If you do feel that you should seek help, by all means do. Based on your post, you are reacting like a friend of mine when she started MFP. Instead of settling into a new way of eating, she panicked, tried a fad diet, and got depressed about her failure. She was also pretty confused about WHAT/HOW to eat in the first place. Make some MFP friends and look at their diaries. This could help you.
  • Kait_Dee
    Kait_Dee Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Eating will give your body a boost and getting some movement in there will give your mind a boost .. <3 take care.
  • lauraemily84
    lauraemily84 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I've not read all these replies but I've been in your situation last year had a real stressful few months and lost a stone in 2 weeks! But it does make u ill, it also means any food u eat will be stored as fat reserves! Eating three times a day is best to keep your metabolism going just eat a small amount even like nuts/ fruit etc as there full of nutrition. But go see your doctor for some help depression can make u poorly x
  • pcpop7
    pcpop7 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I've not read all these replies but I've been in your situation last year had a real stressful few months and lost a stone in 2 weeks! But it does make u ill, it also means any food u eat will be stored as fat reserves! Eating three times a day is best to keep your metabolism going just eat a small amount even like nuts/ fruit etc as there full of nutrition. But go see your doctor for some help depression can make u poorly x

Just no on the bolded bits. There is no evidence of any of that that.