Calories 2227
Protein 212
Carbs 27g
I feel like this is a really high calorie intake any help would be great

Replies

• aub6689
    aub6689 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I think this would be high for me as a 5'2" female, but it does not seem to high for you. The high protein should help you retain muscle along with strength training (hoping you are going to add strength training).

I am confused by the carbs--is 27g a typo? Maybe you meant 270? Which would make your fats a bit low, but my best advice is to keep your protein number and play with your fats and carbs to see what gives you the maximum satiety and energy.
  • jahaziel87
    jahaziel87 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I totally got the carbs wrong 111g is what I got calculated but seeing that you said 270 is already a bit low 111g might seem extreme ? I'll definitely look more into it thanks for the info
  • itsthehumidity
    itsthehumidity Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Find your TDEE, subtract 20% from that, and then split up by macros with 40% protein, 30% carb, 30% fat. That split works well for most everybody.
  • aub6689
    aub6689 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    No I was thinking your fats would be low if your carbs were 270. If you are doing 111g of carbs that would make your fats quite high.

• RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    This is not too high for you to lose weight. 2227 Calories seems like a pretty good number. The more weight you lose you'll want to adjust the intake to come down a bit, depending on how lean you want to get. I see you listed protein and carbs , but are you just filling in the other calories with fat grams? Your carbs are way too low, just so you know. You should be eating around 270 carbs (1080 calories worth), 200 grams of protein (800 calories worth) and about 38 grams of fat (about 345 calories worth). You can play with those numbers a bit, since the protein may be a bit high for someone who doesn't lift. (Assuming you are not weightlifting obviously).
  • RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I am a 122lb 5'4" female and I am eating 90 carbs, 140 grams of protein and 31 grams of fat, while cutting and maintaining muscle growth. Hope that gives you an idea of what someone my size does, compared to yourself.
  • CrossfitOCRunner
    CrossfitOCRunner Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'3" and come in at 1650 on average. it really depends on your level of activity, but I workout 9 times per week on average. I do a 30C-40P-30F split. Did you put your current weight, lean body mass or goal weight in there? And depending on which weight, did you select an aggressive deficit or a modest one?
  • jahaziel87
    Options
    270 current
    ideal 200
    I picked modest too get the ball moving
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    You're a big guy, and your body burns around 2500 calories daily just to keep you alive. Anything you do - get out of bed, brush your teeth, walk to the store, burns additional calories. A sustained calorie deficit is what makes you lose weight. Focus on getting in an appropriate amount of calories for weight loss first. Eat too little, and you will crash. Eat too much, and you won't get any results. So be sure you log accurately and hit your calorie goal. A good macro split can help you get in better nutrition, and thus makes it easier for you to stick to your calories. Lots of different combinations can work. I would suggest logging your food for some time before you make any changes, and try to look for patterns: What makes you feel happy and energetic and satisfied? What makes you feel hungry and grumpy and frustrated? Adjust so that you feel better more often. There is no "right" split or "perfect" diet. Just eat in a way that is sustainable for you.
  • jahaziel87
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your time and knowledge I definitely need to do more homework on this mayter thank you for the time to even comment it motivates me to put this in full gear
  • itsthehumidity
    itsthehumidity Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    You're a big guy

maxresdefault.jpg
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You're a big guy

maxresdefault.jpg

It will also be extremely painful :#