Losing the paunch

Ladies who are a little on the heavier side, how long did it take for that gross paunch belly overhang to vacate the premises?
I'm on a calorie restricting protein heavy diet, doing about 500cal worth of cardio a day. Have lost 10kgs... Just wondering what to expect at this rate if anyone has been here. It's my main issue, when it's gone I'll feel so much better!

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    It will depend upon how much overweight you are, how accurately you log your food, and how large your calorie deficit becomes over how fast a time.

Nobody can answer about the ability you have to carry on with a calorie restricting diet.

Some general figures are that a 500 calorie deficit to your TDEE every day adds up to a 3500 calorie deficit in a week and should lead to 1 lb of weight lost in that week. Sodium and various other reasons your body has to retain water can hide that.

You won't find out until you start. So start.
  • jodileelewis
    jodileelewis Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks. I guess it's frustrating I've been at it almost two months and it's like, I'm not seeing any change in how I look but the scales don't lie I guess.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    For many people that area is the last holdout, meaning that it takes until the final 5-10 pounds to see it shrink in proportion to the rest of the body.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Fat follows a First On Last Off approach. So if ALL your initial body fat went there first, then it'll be the last spot off.

Sounds like you're doing a great job so far! Definitely keep at it and before you know it, you're golden.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Develop strong abdominal walls (good core muscle tone), and hit the genetic lottery with strong connective tissue.

I love belly dance for a strong core, good fun, and developing the ability to love yourself and laugh at yourself belly pouch and all though.
  • LoveEpifanie
    LoveEpifanie Posts: 37 Member
    I also have this problem and it is what I want gone the most!