Replies

• Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    MityMax96 wrote: »
    I play polo the summer weekends.

Long time on my bucket list.

On horses?
    That has to be one tough sport to develop good skills with.
    Trying to control the horse is one of the best workouts. On a scale of 1 to 10, I may be a 4 on the polo player rankings. After every session, I just feel drained.

My father rode thoroughbreds and raced and had super human strength in his arms and shoulders..
  • trvshm
    trvshm Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Archery is addicting man! Good substitute for those with addicting personalities.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Polar Race/Polar Challenge.
    Ride the Atlas.
    Lead a crossing of the Itsmo de Tehuantepec by bike.
    Ride the Divide.
    Bike Transafrica.
    Hike upto Eiger station from Interlaken.
    See Denali.
    Teach my daughters to trek.
    Hike in Bhutan.
    Hua Shan trail.
    Dolomites Via Ferrata with my 2nd daughter.
    RAGBRAI with my 3rd daughter.
    An ultra.
    Half IM.
    Adventure TBD with 4th daughter.
  • Tsartele
    Options
    What is considered middle age? I am 36 and I consider myself up there ;)

I recently was chatting with a 54 years old and he was telling me he considers himself middle aged which made me chuckle.

Well if you conceder the average life span of a male to be about 77-78 then 36-39 would be middle aged
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    The Ptarmigan Traverse. I've done the first bit and it was incredible. Need better glacier and rock skills for the rest though. I'm probably closer to being in shape for it than I ever have been. Here's a picture of my friend Leroy who kept me company at Sahale Glacier Camp; Sahale Peak is traditionally the first one you climb on the Ptarmigan Traverse.

24810372656_241d59677d_o_d.jpg

Here's a shot looking down the Sahale Glacier. I eventually reached a crevasse and turned back.

24810372536_5992e25c2c_o_d.jpg

I've been wanting to go back and spend a night at Sahale with my nice camera. It's an extra 10 pounds. The camp is a 6 or 7 mile hike with 4,200 feet of elevation gain, so I really don't want to carry the extra weight. But I want better pics.

24718777022_35ae8c5cef_o_d.jpg
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    I'd like to run 50 mile race
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options

I recently was chatting with a 54 years old and he was telling me he considers himself middle aged which made me chuckle.

I am 38....39 in Oct.
    So I view that in the middle....I mean if I live to be 70 or 80.....then that puts me in the middle right now...
  • MityMax96
    Options

LOL
    That won't be me.....
  • kingjethro
    kingjethro Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Go diving in the South Pacific.
    Drink some rum drinks with little paper umbrellas while watching the sun go down in the South Pacific.
    Watch/cycle during the Giro d'Italia (I've already been to the Tour de France a few times)
    Learn French and make witty remarks to the girls while sitting at a sidewalk cafe in Paris.
    Hit Mardi Gras in NO to watch the zoo walk by.
    Learn to play the guitar REALLY WELL (not like the crap playing I do now) and join a geezer band.
    Stop working my tail off and live like Thurston Howell III (maybe my lotto ticket will finally pay off)
  • Tsartele
    Options

LOL
    That won't be me.....

Ditto !!!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options
    The Ptarmigan Traverse. I've done the first bit and it was incredible. Need better glacier and rock skills for the rest though. I'm probably closer to being in shape for it than I ever have been. Here's a picture of my friend Leroy who kept me company at Sahale Glacier Camp; Sahale Peak is traditionally the first one you climb on the Ptarmigan Traverse.

24810372656_241d59677d_o_d.jpg

Here's a shot looking down the Sahale Glacier. I eventually reached a crevasse and turned back.

24810372536_5992e25c2c_o_d.jpg

I've been wanting to go back and spend a night at Sahale with my nice camera. It's an extra 10 pounds. The camp is a 6 or 7 mile hike with 4,200 feet of elevation gain, so I really don't want to carry the extra weight. But I want better pics.

24718777022_35ae8c5cef_o_d.jpg

PT looks pretty gnarly. Enjoy!!
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Tell you a couple that I have ticked off my list already:

Run a Marathon - Trained for it, did it, hated it, won't do it again.
    Had a Bespoke 3 piece suit made - Saved for it, did it, loved it, still got it, would like to do it again.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options
    Tsartele wrote: »

Well if you conceder the average life span of a male to be about 77-78 then 36-39 would be middle aged

Except someone that has reached the age of 50 is likelier to live to longer.
    Don't they teach you kids math?
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    Smoke cigars and drink rum in Cuba
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Ayahuasca retreat in Peru. Come quaff the elixir of the sages.

Coca_Ceremony-Paititi_Institute-Iquitos_Peru-Greg_Goodman-AdventuresofaGoodMan-2014-04-10-18-44-31.jpg
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Well Im 55 and I consider myself middle aged. I think first on the bucket list should be a trophy wife about 20 to 30 years my junior ;) of course it doesn't help that I am not rich enough for a trophy wife LOL
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I've backpacked quite a bit in Japan. Try it. The noodle houses and ryokan in the mountains are wonderfully hospitable. You can also do some incredible bicycle trips through Hokkaido in the summer.

I want to try the Pacific Crest Trail. I had a through-hike on the AT on my list for a long time but it's not what it once was.

I also want to backpack through Scotland and Ireland with my wife and kids when our girls are old enough to enjoy it.

Nothing really amazing on my list. I just want to get out into the woods in various places as often as I can.

• MityMax96
    Options
    That is one place I REALLY WANT TO GO...>JAPAN!!!!! Love sushi.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    That is one place I REALLY WANT TO GO...>JAPAN!!!!! Love sushi.

The hiking and food were my favorite parts. If you go then try to find an expat or a local to hike with. Very few people in rural areas speak English so it's that or learn rudimentary Japanese before you go. Finding ryokan to stay at though can still be a challenge if you don't know the areas, and the best ones stay hidden. There is nothing like a very hot natural springs soak at the end of a long day's hike followed by plenty of beer, shochu, sashimi and various local dishes.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Thanks for the info.