Hogwarts Term 10-10 Week Weight Loss Challenge

Options
yumesoraki
yumesoraki Posts: 4,859 Member
0-HogwartsCrest.jpg

Attention all would-be Wizards, Witches, Half-bloods, Squibs and Muggles.

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry are approaching their tenth term, and we are looking for applicants to join for the new term.

Firstly, some information about what to expect from your term at Hogwarts:

Basics:
  • This will be an 10 week term, running from Monday, May 30th through Sunday, August 7th. (The starting weigh-in will take place the weekend before term starts as usual).
  • All players will be sorted into houses. These are your teams - look to each other for advice, support, and motivation.
  • Each week, players will weigh themselves on either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday (EST). Weight loss will be totaled up (not by pounds lost, but by percentage, similar to the Muggle television show Biggest Loser) for each house.
  • Houses will be awarded house points based on how much weight was lost. The house with the largest percentage will receive the most points, and the house with the smallest percentage will receive the least.
  • The term will include mini challenges each week, which will include: Quidditch (exercise), Potions (food/dietary), Defense Against the Dark Arts (trivia etc - we are a school after all), as well as a multitude of other small challenges. There is ALWAYS something happening at Hogwarts!
  • The House Cup will be awarded to the house with the most points at the end of the term! Last term it was Slytherin!

Benefits:
  • Geek out over all things Harry Potter with like-minded people! The entire challenge is Harry Potter themed, right down to the names of the threads in the group.
  • Make friends, and be supported by a fantastic group of people!
  • Relax! This is a safe, stress-free challenge. No one is voted off if they do not lose every week.
  • Get motivated! We'll push you every day with different health-related challenges. Do what you can, and you'll probably find you're more capable than you thought!
  • Lose weight!

For those interested in enrolling in Hogwarts, here is the application form for you to complete: Hogwarts Term 10 Application

We encourage you to submit your application as early as possible to ensure you don't miss out on a place at the school. There are only a small number of vacancies available in each house.

Once you have been accepted, your house prefect will be in contact and you will receive an invitation to the School group and your House Common Room here on MFP. Please be assured though, that if we are unable to sort you into a house at this stage, we will wait-list you for any vacancies that arise throughout the term.

Hogwarts is an equal opportunity school, and has openings available for people with all levels of ability, as well as places for students who are maintaining or gaining weight.

Questions may be posted here, or sent via owl (Muggles call them... PM's?).

Yours in wizarding,
YumeSoraki, Slytherin Prefect

Replies

• brepd369
    brepd369 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just submitted the application! Excited to start!
  • 6DeDe6
    6DeDe6 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Me too
  • charelaine
    charelaine Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Applied this morning. Can't wait to begin.
  • SavannahS2016
    SavannahS2016 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Applied. Looking forward to starting the term x
  • slam570
    slam570 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Applied. This looks awesome.
  • Supercatie80
    Supercatie80 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I've been in the challenge for 5 terms now and I can attest to the awesomeness. There's always something going on and there's a lot of support. I always enjoy the food challenges. :smile:
  • cynbet69
    cynbet69 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    when will we kno if we are choosen thank you
  • yumesoraki
    Options
    cynbet69 wrote: »

Today/Tomorrow most likely.
  • mariv0
    mariv0 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I applied as well. Hope I'm selected. :D
  • peak2beach
    peak2beach Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I'm very excited - this sounds so fun and motivating! I hope I can represent Hufflepuff well as a hard-working and loyal badger!
  • Palak1020
    Palak1020 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Just applied!
  • yumesoraki
    edited May 2016
    Options
    All Slytherin Letters have been sent as of 11:58am CDT. If you are a snake check for an owl in MFP pms.
  • cynbet69
    cynbet69 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    yumesoraki wrote: »
    cynbet69 wrote: »

Today/Tomorrow most likely.
    Thank you
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    I applied this looks awesome XD
  • banana742581
    banana742581 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I applied as well! Hopefully I get in! I'm excited.
  • SavannahS2016
    Options
    How do I know if I have been accepted? X
  • yumesoraki
    Options
    How do I know if I have been accepted? X

The 1st house choice prefect will let you know.
  • SavannahS2016
    Options
    OK thank you x
  • sjarmin
    sjarmin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hoping I get accepted :)