toning up but no weight loss - motivation needed!!

Options
I am beginning to see some small results in the tone of my body however I am trying so hard and the scales are not moving :( its really getting me down and ive got such a long way to go.. help or motivation tips?? x

Replies

• cjdsign
    cjdsign Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    When I use to be a runner, I would hit weight loss walls all the time. I had to change my routine to make a difference. But there were times that muscle just came on and my weight would increase. Hope that helped. I also use to stretch. I am disabled now, but I was a rock climber, runner, spelunker, and repeller. I was so active that I'd forget to eat. CJ
  • ask4selina
    ask4selina Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Cj - thanks so much for your comment!!! i think that might be exactly what it is!! i need to mix it up a bit as i tend to just do the same stuff over and over and like you say.. ive hit a weight loss wall!!! thanks so much xx
  • andrewq6100
    andrewq6100 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    well that is a good sign! Toning is a result of the skin tigtening and bodyfat being lost, but if the scale is not moving then you are probably retaining muscle mass, while dropping the bodyfat which is awesome! hows your energy levels during the day and when you train? you are def on the right track and your body is killer already!
  • ask4selina
    ask4selina Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    oh ok thats good news.. yes I think I need to focus less on the scales as its easy to get drawn into just wanting the number to go down and not thinking of anything else!! energy during the day is usually ok .. sometimes maybe a little llw as try to limit my calorie intake.. ive got a long way to go but thanks!! x
  • merlosc33
    merlosc33 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Don't worry just change the routine and you'll be fine