This isnt necessarily a bad problem to have but...

Options
I record my daily weight in happy scale and about 3 weeks ago on this day I was 131.4 now today I'm weighing in at 127.4, which yes is great but I'm shocked as somehow I may have went down 3-4 lbs in a few weeks considering my goal is to lose .5 lbs a week and if anything I feel like I've been eating a bit more then usual! Is it bad that my weight is going down so quickly? Normally I would be through the roof but I've had a lot stress trying to interview for jobs next year so my weight is rly the last thing on my mind right now.

Replies

• 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Congratulations; your doing wonderfully. some variation is expected and your rate is not nearly in the "worry" category, more in the "be thankful" category. Means your doing things right.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    It could be due to the other stresses. It could be water weight. It could be that it won't last. Enjoy it because it's definitely not enough to indicate a health problem. (My grandmother's cancer was diagnosed because she lost 20 pounds in 2 months with no other symptoms.).
  • lml852014
    lml852014 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Congratulations; your doing wonderfully. some variation is expected and your rate is not nearly in the "worry" category, more in the "be thankful" category. Means your doing things right.

Hey, thank you! :) Its nice when your hard work starts to finally pay off. I just didnt expect it to happen so quickly!
  • lml852014
    Options
    It could be due to the other stresses. It could be water weight. It could be that it won't last. Enjoy it because it's definitely not enough to indicate a health problem. (My grandmother's cancer was diagnosed because she lost 20 pounds in 2 months with no other symptoms.).

Well I first figured it was water weight or something and it wouldn't last but it is the week before my TOM and normally my weight goes up that week so I am pretty happy to say the least. My short term GW was 130 for the beginning of June and if I really am 127-128 then I am already ahead of the game!
  • godlikepoetyes
    godlikepoetyes Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I set my goal as 1 pound per week and consistently lose 2 pounds per week, sometimes more. After losing 80 pounds, my weight loss slowed. Today, after reading a post, I looked up my TDEE. Now I have some idea as to why I've lost so quickly and why I sometimes lose even when I overeat by a lot.
  • jdb3388
    jdb3388 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Whenever I first start eating at a deficit I always drop 10 to 15 lbs in the first week. There is a 5-7 pound difference just in my wake up weight to my go to bed weight. If you've recently cut out sodas and gone to strictly water then your body has let go of a lot of excess water that it doesnt need to retain.
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Well done! That's an awesome loss :smile: stress can be a big factor in losing weight so that may have something to do with it. Could also be water weight. But if you're eating right and exercising then just be proud of yourself for the achievement :smile: weight loss isn't linear, sometimes you can plateau and bit and then all of a sudden it drops - but really well done!
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Just remember this time when you weight goes up for a little while. It's not usually all downhill, but it is downhill over time when you are losing.
  • lml852014
    Options
    jdb3388 wrote: »
    Whenever I first start eating at a deficit I always drop 10 to 15 lbs in the first week. There is a 5-7 pound difference just in my wake up weight to my go to bed weight. If you've recently cut out sodas and gone to strictly water then your body has let go of a lot of excess water that it doesnt need to retain.

Well I have been doing MFP since Jan. and have consistently lost .5 a week some weeks a little more. So I've just been lucky!
  • lml852014
    Options
    Well done! That's an awesome loss :smile: stress can be a big factor in losing weight so that may have something to do with it. Could also be water weight. But if you're eating right and exercising then just be proud of yourself for the achievement :smile: weight loss isn't linear, sometimes you can plateau and bit and then all of a sudden it drops - but really well done!

True true. When I was student teaching I didnt eat much and was stressed a bit and lost like 5 lbs in a few weeks. I just have to manage to keep it off this time! I always lose the weight and go back and I AM NOT doing it this time around.