Greek Yogurt

Cdcaldwe
Cdcaldwe Posts: 189 Member
edited September 29 in Health and Weight Loss
Does it all taste like crap. I tried some and it tasted like mud.

Replies

• adagolden
    adagolden Posts: 146 Member
    I don't care for the plain, need to figure out the right way to sweeten it, but the fruit kind is awesome. I could live on Chobani, the raspberry rules!
  • minnie86
    minnie86 Posts: 187
    I brought so yesterday and I loved it. I bought Chobani, added rasberries and some granola...yum!
    I guess the taste is also personal.Some people love tomatoes, others hate it.
  • exercisechic927
    exercisechic927 Posts: 64 Member
    The plain stuff is disgusting....vanilla with fruit is good or chobani
  • LillysGranny
    LillysGranny Posts: 431
    It took me about 2 weeks, but I've trained my taste to LIKE plain greek yogurt. I don't add any sweetener, just some walnuts or almonds....I actually look forward to it now!
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    I cook fruit, press it through a sieve, mix it with the greek yogurt and splenda. It makes a fantastic snack. If you don't like the thickness thin it out with a little milk or kefir. Just remember it's high in protein which will keep you full :)
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    I used to think that - then I dressed it up and now I LOVE IT!

If you like it savory: use like sour cream on baked potatoes or mashed.

Or, spice it up with black pepper, dill, dried parsley - makes super mayo-like spread for sandwiches or tuna fish.

if you like it sweet: splenda, a dash of vanilla, and some pumpkin pie spice.....

Or... a bit of honey and some fresh fruit.....

Mmmmm....

Mt FAVORITE: Mix with Splenda, mash up some raspberries and black berries, top with a bit of a crunchy cereal (like kashi lean, grape nuts, or anything with crunch) - and enjoy!
  • naeswirl
    naeswirl Posts: 56
    I'm not a fan of it either... I don't know what the hype is. I ended up using the ones I bought and made smoothies out of them lol
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    yes - it's all disgusting IMO. I haven't found a greek yogurt worth taking a second bite of. Sad, because I really wanted to get on the bandwagon and LOVE it. I especially like how much protein you get, but alas it all tastes like someone else's 3 day old vomit to me.

good luck!
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    If you are used to that sugary fake yogurt, no it won;t taste the same. However, you can add a it of fruit or granola. I sometimes just add a stevia and real vanilla extract. I like the creamier consistency, but miles vary and all that. Chobani and FAGE are my favs.
  • naeswirl
    naeswirl Posts: 56
    wait... you lost 261 pounds???????????????????????????
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    The first time I tried it, I didn't like it. I now eat it almost every day. I buy the plain Chobani and add my own fresh fruit. :)
  • Redwine49
    Redwine49 Posts: 1
    The chobani is good. I don't care for the plain vanilla but I get the fruit kind and add my own fruit like blueberries or strawberries. Also, I try and get the kind with more fat in it. I know it has a few more calories, but not many. And when you eat that kind it is so rich and creamy it fills you up. Makes me feel like I am having a treat.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    I like it. I can eat it plain no problem, but i like mine with a tbls of no sugar added smuckers or I like honey flavored. I think it's all personal preferance.
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Try Fage, thick creamy consistency with a cream taste without the "twang" of regular yogurt. I get the kind with the little cup section of fruit in it. Very yummy...the only yogurt I eat now besides ciobani, it's good too.
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    i love greek yoghurt, but it is only one brand that is my favourite, and it has to be full fat, the low fat is rubbish... but the one brand i love is just sensational... it's an australian brand, so that won't help you.

i add a little bit of honey and dip sliced apple into it, and it is equivalent for me to eating icecream, i really enjoy it..
  • MUDDERinTRAINING
    MUDDERinTRAINING Posts: 14 Member
    I've found most Greek yogurt to he rather bitter and yucky, BUT I do really enjoy the Greek Gods brand. They have a honey sweetened variety that is super tasty, and the plain can be turned into ranch dip with just a few herb/spices. Good stuff!
  • deb_rn
    deb_rn Posts: 144 Member
    I am not a fan but eat it anyway! Chobani pomegranate is my favorite and the Dannon brand is good, especially if you put fresh fruit in the vanilla!
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    I like it mixed with almond butter or you could use peanut butter, if its t:smile: oo sour add honey or splenda.
    some brands have a muddy texture however, Fage and Liberte (canada) are the best Ive found.
  • lyazzie
    lyazzie Posts: 3 Member
    I love Dannon's Strawberry (fruit on the bottom) i"ve tasted all the rest, and i think this is the best by far!!
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    wait... you lost 261 pounds???????????????????????????

I did!! I won't say it's because I ate Greek yogurt, but it may have helped!
This discussion has been closed.