Options
erin_seif
erin_seif Posts: 1 Member
Any good crockpot recipes ??

Replies

• OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Label three freezer bags "Pork", "Beef" and "Chicken". Put your bones into them and when a bag gets full cook it the crockpot. You can refine your stock making technique as you go but everything you cook will taste better and be more nutritious as a result.
  • eikemire
    eikemire Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is to cook 3 or 4 chicken breasts with a jar of verde salsa on low for about 5.5 hours. Then I shred the chicken in the crockpot and let it cook another 30 minutes. I use it in tacos, on salads, in enchiladas, etc. It tastes like it was a lot of work and lasts a week to 10 days easily.
  • SuperheroSadie
    SuperheroSadie Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I make all of my own crockpot recipes, so I might not be of much help but I love this chicken soup...

1. put 7 cups of water and 7 tiny scoops of chicken bouillon (like scoop with the end of a fork) in the crock pot and mix
    2. Put chicken on the bottom (I usually use 1 chicken quarter or 4-5 chicken drumsticks. You'll know what's enough meat.)
    3. Add on top carrots, celery, and half an onion (you'll know it's enough when you look at the veggies and go 'yup, that's enough')
    4. Cook on low for 10 hrs if chicken is frozen, or low for 8 if it's thawed
    5. Once done, remove the chicken, shred it, and put it back minus the bones and skin in the soup
    6. Cook one cup of dried pasta until done, drain and add to soup. Add salt and pepper and stir.

Or, if you want more reasonable recipes with actual amounts, try this website:
    www.skinnytaste.com
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    This chili is a quick & yummy way to get plenty of veggies. You can leave out the meat to make it vegetarian:

1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
    1 can pinto beans, drained & rinsed
    1 can whole kernel corn, drained
    1 large sweet potato, cut into 1/2" dice
    1 jar of your favorite salsa
    1 lb browned ground beef (or ground turkey)

Almost for got to add, cook on high about 4 hours, low 6-8.
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I currently have this going in my crock-pot:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/73634/colleens-slow-cooker-jambalaya/

I also second the salsa verde chicken. I also have a great copycat Chipotle barbacoa recipe that I will post the link for once I hunt it down.

Edit: Here's the beef recipe: food.com/recipe/chipotles-barbacoa-copycat-recipe-472445
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Salsa chicken: chicken breasts, jar of salsa, can of black beans (rinsed) and taco seasoning (I make my own). Cook on low all day. Shred the chicken and then add 1 cup of frozen corn. We do this on rice (topped with some cheese) but I've also thought of using it for quesadilla filling.

http://addapinch.com/balsamic-pork-tenderloin-recipe/

You can also do any kind of roast or whole chicken with just some seasonings of choice. I'd add liquid to a roast but not a whole chicken. I do thighs and legs in the crockpot too (they're fall off the bone good).

I make a yummy ham in the crockpot too. Just a bit of garlic powder and teriyaki sauce on the bottom of the pot, put the ham in and then put a little more teriyaki, garlic powder and pepper on top. Cook on low 5+ hours.