Blinker when parking

Options
MsAmandaNJ
MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
Do you use your blinker when you see a spot?

Replies

• chalaivy
    chalaivy Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I usually do if it's a busy area
  • MsAmandaNJ
    Options
    aub6689 wrote: »
    Yes. I tend to overuse my blinker in general. I try to make it so people have a clear idea of where I intend to go.
    Me too. I can't read your mind, you can't read mine, but we all understand signals.

What do you consider overuse of it?
  • aub6689
    aub6689 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    When it is already clear I intend to turn, when I am in a lane that is turn only and already veering that direction it might not be necessary, but I am in the habit!
  • MsAmandaNJ
    Options
    You sound like a very conscientious driver. I always use my blinker when turning or changing lanes. I keep it going until I'm fully in the lane.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    Options
    ejinvt wrote: »
    Yes. I tend to overuse my blinker in general. I try to make it so people have a clear idea of where I intend to go.

Yes! I overuse mine too, to make up for the rampant UNDERuse by so many!
    I don't think we're overusing it, it's just the right amount ;-)

How about this scenario? The road you're on comes to a T, bends to the right, other side has a stop. Do you use it when you go to the right, following the road?
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    When it is already clear I intend to turn, when I am in a lane that is turn only and already veering that direction it might not be necessary, but I am in the habit!

I even use it sometimes for big curves in the road lol..... definitely not necessary. But I also use mine all the time! Even parking spots where there is no competition.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    I try to use it as little as possible. My life needs a little mystery and excitement.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    Options
    brb_2013 wrote: »

I even use it sometimes for big curves in the road lol..... definitely not necessary. But I also use mine all the time! Even parking spots where there is no competition.
    It's a good habit to have, becomes natural.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I don't. But then again I can be a bit of a rage, aggressive driver. I blame it on having to drive in the city
  • MsAmandaNJ
    Options
    capnrus789 wrote: »
    I try to use it as little as possible. My life needs a little mystery and excitement.
    Nooooooooo!!
  • MsAmandaNJ
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    I don't. But then again I can be a bit of a rage, aggressive driver. I blame it on having to drive in the city
    I avoid it at all costs. If I absolutely have to, I gotta be super focused to not curse and yell at everyone.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    Options
    _MistahJ_ wrote: »
    Blinker's broken, watch for finger.
    A signal is a signal :-)
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I only tell my wife where I'm going. The rest of you are on your own.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    MsAmandaNJ wrote: »

How about this scenario? The road you're on comes to a T, bends to the right, other side has a stop. Do you use it when you go to the right, following the road?

I'm a great signaler, but I wouldn't use it in this situation as I'm not leaving the road I am on nor coming to a stop to turn.

Actually, if I was approaching the T in a direction (in this case from the right) where I would be turning in front of someone that was waiting at the sign, I'd probably signal just to make sure they didn't think I was going straight and decide to pull out in front of me.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    Options

I'm a great signaler, but I wouldn't use it in this situation as I'm not leaving the road I am on nor coming to a stop to turn.

Actually, if I was approaching the T in a direction where I would be turning in front of someone that was waiting at the sign, I'd probably signal just to make sure they didn't think I was going straight and decide to pull out in front of me.

Exactly.

Another question: do you signal before hitting your brakes to turn? I do, gives whoever is behind me a reason for my braking.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Actually, if I was approaching the T in a direction where I would be turning in front of someone that was waiting at the sign, I'd probably signal just to make sure they didn't think I was going straight and decide to pull out in front of me.

Exactly.

Another question: do you signal before hitting your brakes to turn? I do, gives whoever is behind me a reason for my braking.

For sure before I brake.

Although, gotta love the brakers that don't actually hit the blinker until they're simultaneously turning the wheel to turn. :laugh:
  • MsAmandaNJ
    Options

Exactly.

For sure before I brake.

Although, gotta love the brakers that don't actually hit the blinker until they're simultaneously turning the wheel to turn. :laugh:
    And then they wonder why they're getting honked at ;-) why bother at that point? Ha!