Feeling a little down

Options
maddibabess
maddibabess Posts: 12 Member
edited May 2016 in Chit-Chat
I never ever hardly post on here but I have a date with an extremely ripped guy and fit person tomorrow and I'm feeling really down on myself and idk if I should go... I have lost a total of 14 pounds and was 178 and now am 164 and I'm 5'6. I'm no where near where j want to be, but j could really use some encouragement and some advice and whether or not I should even go.... This will be our first time meeting, he's seen pics of me even snaps but it's hard to give an accurate picture because of maybe good angles or good lighting. Just need some encouragement

Replies

• ToniD923
    ToniD923 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Recently went through the same doubts and I say go for it. Be proud of those 14 lbs you lost! Omg that's 14 lbs you didn't have off last year! Slow and steady wins the race with weight loss. You have already accomplished the hard part you are investing in you! Go for it and enjoy that date! Laugh and show your fun self! Everyone including your date has some kind of insecurity. Relax and enjoy a conversation with someone new regardless whether it's a love match! Get out there!
  • maddibabess
    Options
    Thank you so much girl that means a lot to me!! Just get down on myself sometimes through my fitness journey!!
  • maddibabess
    Options
    Why would you not go? Because you're 164lbs? Because he's extremely ripped and fit?

I'll need to see those snaps before you decide whether or not to go though. Thanks!

I'm nervous about going because I'm 164 and because he's very fit, way more in shape than I am. I sent him snaps and he still wants to go out but I just get nervous cause I think in pics it's hard to see what someone really looks like
  • maddibabess
    Options
    And thank you guys so much for the support <3
  • jlc102980
    jlc102980 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Go for it! I'm gonna PM you about this.
  • maddibabess
    Options
    jlc102980 wrote: »
    Go for it! I'm gonna PM you about this.

Okay sounds good❤️❤️
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    He was attracted enough to you to agree to a date, right? At least your foot is already in the door!
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Men appreciate a variety of body types.

Doesn't matter if you're 182 or 128.... it's about how you wear it, know what I'm saying gurl?

Just go on the date and let all those scenarios in your head play out as they may. That's what dating is for.

• maddibabess
    Options
    On the other side, you would think jacked guys have it all great. The truth is being jacked cannot make up for being socially awkward, having no game and other intricacies of successfully courting a woman.

Yeah very true!! I just always have these ideas in my head of what I think men want women to look like so I get intimidated easily!!
  • maddibabess
    Options
    Men appreciate a variety of body types.

Doesn't matter if you're 182 or 128.... it's about how you wear it, know what I'm saying gurl?

Just go on the date and let all those scenarios in your head play out as they may. That's what dating is for.

Yeah that's very true! I know guys can like many different types of women! Just have a silly pic in my head of what I think they want

• elliepop22
    elliepop22 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Your stunning , He's probably feeling the same , Enjoy the date , He maybe ripped and attractive but then again he maybe boring with it . Relax and enjoy Hun
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    From a guys perspective, you're likely worrying too much. Guys like variety and difference. From your pic, you don't look unhealthy and you look very attractive. Some guys are superficial but many of us care as much about personality as we do looks. Obviously he's found many things he likes about you. Honestly, many guys like a woman with a little meat on their bones. Just because he's really fit, doesn't mean that he feels the need to be with someone that spends as much time working out as he does. I say, go and have fun. What's the worst that can happen? You don't go on a second date? Big whoop, at least you both found out more about each other, and if you two aren't a good fit, just means that you can give some other guy a chance to appreciate you.
  • 285to170
    285to170 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Honestly self confidence is key. I understand how you feel. I went through that phase earlier this year. But you've got to realize that you're a gorgeous woman and you've got a lot more to offer than just your body. Go and have some fun! The absolute worse that can happen is that there won't be a second date, which just means that it wasn't meant to be.
  • merlosc33
    merlosc33 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,946 Member
    Options
    You sound crazy so I feel bad for this guy. But what the hell, go for it.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    The ONLY reason you should be nervous is IF your pictures are not an accurate depiction. If he knows what you look like, then you should be confident and have a great time.

Unfortunately, Women (and probably men too) tend to fudge their online profile to a point that they create a certain expectation that is then different from what is actually presented. There are men out there that like all body types, so, to me, it's unfortunate that a person would not be totally honest.
  • VitaSh
    VitaSh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hold your head high, you are on your journey and already had success and he seems to be already attracted to you. Be proud of what you've done so far. Plus you are already hot so again...smile and be proud
  • gianna42
    gianna42 Posts: 5,991 Member
    Options
    Go! You're beautiful and he was interested enough to ask. Relax and have fun and see how things go!
  • LouLouStBijou
    LouLouStBijou Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Have you been on the date yet? How did it go?