Beginning Again...

Options
Good Morning Friends,

After a trying and stressful few years I've found that I've picked up nearly 30 pounds. Stress really does cause us not only to put on weight because of the hormonal imbalance it seems, but also causes us to care less about what we put into our bodies for nourishment. So here I am, beginning again. I've used MFP in the past but have never been beyond the diary page. I thought perhaps a little encouragement might help this time around.

Thanks in advance...

Marg B.

Replies

• MsDeeHawk12
    MsDeeHawk12 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    The support you gain from people on the page are amazing. I've sent you a request.

Have a great day!
  • homegurl
    homegurl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Same here. Stress can REALLY make you gain. And boy have i had the stress. I have always just used this app as a food diary, and not very good at that. But today I decided to check out the posts on here and maybe find others using this liked me "again".
  • MargB2016
    MargB2016 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the request MsDeeHawk12. I've added two friends...yay!

And homegurl I know exactly how you feel. For me keeping a close eye on what I'm consuming is the only way to lose. Otherwise I have a tendency to really go for it. If junk food had the calories and nutrition of broccoli, I'd be set. But alas, today is a new day! My goal is to be 35 pounds down by the end of the year. By the fall, prefereably. It's my favorite season and I don't want to feel then the way I do now. Not to mention, my closet full of clothes is hanging there mocking me.
  • homegurl
    Options
    Between broccoli and celery I would be set with you hahaha. Just can't get that celery to crunch quite like a potato chip
  • MargB2016
    Options
    Ha! That is so very true homegurl. We can do this though. A good comfortable pair of jeans feels so much better than a potato chip...at least most of the time ;).
  • steelfin67
    steelfin67 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Not quite sure how to add friends or to request them. Any help would be greatly appreciated !
  • MargB2016
    Options
    steelfin67, I'm not sure how to friend :/. Everyone has friended me. So sorry to be no help!
  • aliciapastorlecha
    aliciapastorlecha Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    click on the name of the person you want to friend and follow the dialogs :)
  • homegurl
    Options
    SWEET, THANK you