Eating Disorder Recovery

Options
Hey! I'm new to this so sorry in advance if I'm not doing this correctly, but I saw the introduction thread and thought I'd put myself out there. My Name's Mae, I'm 18 and I just downloaded this app yesterday, trying to recover from Anorexia (Bulimia Subtype) and get to a healthy weight again. I'm trying to put on weight and get healthier by eating better/more and exercising as I'm not exactly the healthiest right now and my body sure is feeling it. I'm looking to make friends in a similar situation who want to support each other and keep each other happy and motivated. Recovery is hard enough as it is, and it sucks to go through it alone.

Thanks for hearing me out :) And feel free to add me and to start a conversation, I swear to you I don't bite ;D haha. Have a great day guys! :)

Replies

• ashleyylo
    ashleyylo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! I am in recovery as well. I found that is app can be helpful at times and detrimental at others in terms of my ED.

Have you been logging your meals? Have you found it helpful or no?
  • aliciaford2001
    aliciaford2001 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I was recovering to. I spend about a year not eating so now I'm trying to eat. I can help
  • Curlykae89xx
    Curlykae89xx Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Me too also x
  • ktwebb25
    ktwebb25 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    i was recovering too.. bulimia .. trying to get lose weight.. but the healthy way
  • meghankoepke
    meghankoepke Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Recovered(ish), here. Looking to lose the healthy way. Would love to join you on your journey :)
  • ccmarie1997
    ccmarie1997 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I suffered from bulimia as well as an unhealthy obsession with exercise. As I've improved in that aspect, I have gained a bit of weight. I want to focus not on losing weight but on eating better food to fuel my body and getting back in shape (I was a cheerleader in high school and I really miss those cheer abs