Lower back

Options
dschacke
dschacke Posts: 22 Member
I'very started stretching, exercising but it feels like there is a lot if pressure in my lower back. What can I do to get rid of that pain & pressure?

Replies

• hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    A lot of pressure when doing what?

During the exercise? If so, what exercise(s)?

After exercise? For how long?

Or 24/7, in all positions?

Did you have it before starting "stretching / exercising"?

Where is this pressure / pain felt? Along the backbone, or off to one or both sides? Just above your butt crack? Just below the ribs? Somewhere else?
  • dschacke
    Options
    Lower back, off to both side, above the button and below the ribs. I've been feeling it all day. I started feeling it before I started stretching but it seems to have gotten worse. It's not bad when I lay down.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    You could try this stretch:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=m0kMPOfxPos

Do it hourly for 30+ seconds.

What do you think it's from? What is your exercise routine?
  • dschacke
    Options
    The muscles all through my neck, shoulders and back are really tight. I'm thinking of getting a massage to help loosen the muscles up a bit.
  • gnarlykickflip
    gnarlykickflip Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    you could try a chiropractor? sometimes they can be pushy and try to sell you supplements, but getting regular adjustments have helped with my lower back pain a lot! good luck
  • dschacke
    Options
    I think i will
  • BadAssAries
    BadAssAries Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    If it's terribly painful, you might want to see a physical therapist or a chiropractor. Otherwise, you can check YouTube for physical therapist recommended exercises to stretch & strengthen the lower back. I just found one for this precise reason & the stretching felt WONDERFUL!
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    These five stretches twice a day have done wonders for my lower back.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XNN3K2qj-L0

• theWODdoll
    theWODdoll Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Roll out your back with a foam roller
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    If it's terribly painful, you might want to see a physical therapist or a chiropractor. Otherwise, you can check YouTube for physical therapist recommended exercises to stretch & strengthen the lower back. I just found one for this precise reason & the stretching felt WONDERFUL!

You found a PT or chiropractor or a good YouTube video? If YouTube, please share a link or name, I need all the relief I can get!
    Thank you in advance!
  • jessiethe3rd
    jessiethe3rd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Foam roller <3
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    theWODdoll wrote: »
    Roll out your back with a foam roller

No you do not foam roll the lower back itself
    http://blog.nasm.org/ces/foam-roll-low-back/

Foam rolling other areas can help with low back pain but you don't directly roll it.
  • khaleesikhaleesi
    khaleesikhaleesi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Professional massage. Or, if you have access to one, an inversion table! My stepdad has one. Game changer.