This helped me and wanted to share

Options
i need to lose 60 lbs. I never wear shorts in public. Sunday I wore shorts in public. I thought, nobody knows I don't like to wear shorts in public. This epiphany got me into the shorts, feeling strong and in control of my life. And in control of my own self-esteem. It's not up to some buff dude to appraise me and comment on his observations! And sure enough, an entitled guy like this said "Ugh, you're huge. Gross" instead of crawling under a rock, or covering up with a bulky sweater, I said - kinda loudly - How fortunate for you then that you don't have to have anything to do with me. Not a thing. Look away. Go away. Kudos to me!

Replies

• Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Well done! I'd rather be huge than mean any day!
  • Hispanicprincess
    Hispanicprincess Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    All right! Good for you I am trying that next time
  • maddibabess
    maddibabess Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow awesome girl! You're beautiful in your own way inside and out! Remember to always be confident and screw people who want to put you down!! They don't know *kitten*!
  • jen_bush
    jen_bush Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I would have said at least I can work on myself, how are you going to fix that little manhood of yours you're trying to overcompensate for?

Don't let pricks like that get to you! I admire you for your newly-found self-acceptance! :)
  • Rushbrook60
    Rushbrook60 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    That's brilliant. Well done for showing your confidence...other people's thoughts don't matter, just do and be whatever makes you happy.

Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can never hurt you ;-)
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    And sure enough, an entitled guy like this said "Ugh, you're huge. Gross" instead of crawling under a rock, or covering up with a bulky sweater, I said - kinda loudly - How fortunate for you then that you don't have to have anything to do with me. Not a thing. Look away. Go away. Kudos to me!

Awesome! Keep wearing shorts, they feel good. :smile:

A friend of mine got "heckled" like that once. She told the guy "I'm more woman than YOU can handle." He turned red and promptly shut up.

I feel bad for the guys in these stories. Their lives must be pretty awful if they need to insult strangers to be happy. It sounds like you're in a better place than that.
  • monalissanne
    monalissanne Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine living somewhere where people make unsolicited comments like that to another person and the person making the comment is not in high school or younger, an unwelcome acquaintance, etc. That's terrible. Where do grown adults act like that?
  • miakristmann
    miakristmann Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Cant believe someone said that out loud. Awesome job though! Dont let that negativity touch ypur beauty!
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Bravo! There is no reason to put your life on hold until you are at some idealized weight. Don't deprive the world of those thighs baby!!
  • rhsdancer5
    rhsdancer5 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I can't believe people would really say things like that! So rude. I'm proud of you!
  • happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! I had that same comment made to me in the 6th grade by a boy named Kenneth.... I haven't worn shorts since....