Lost 51 lbs and have quite a bit more to go! Let's do this!

Options
Dove0804
Dove0804 Posts: 213 Member
Hi there!

I kind of wanted a community to talk about my weight loss, since I don't really like to talk about it in real life. I don't want it to end up being the topic of every conversation and don't want it to be something that defines me, but I still want to share experiences with others with the same goals.

I'm a woman in my late 20's, and my highest weight was about 260. It might have been a couple lbs higher than that, but I don't know for sure, so I just round to 260. I lost about 35 lbs over the course of about 1 and 1/2 years. I have been much more motivated in the last few months and am now at 209 lbs, totaling 51 lbs lost.

I know that's a big number, but I don't feel so much different yet. I think right now I'm mentally focused on breaking into the 100 range again instead of the 200s. My ultimate goal is to be about 120 lbs.

I've been doing AWESOME for the past few months- losing at a rate of about 2 lbs/week, and have made a lot of other small habit changes over time. My life is so hectic and crazy and unpredictable right now that I feel like weight loss and taking care of my body is the only thing I have any real control over. I know that can be a slippery slope, but I've been trying very hard to do things in a healthy, maintainable manner.

So here we go! I'm ready to keep going!

Replies

• Kimbly69
    Kimbly69 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great job so far.. you can do it
  • Jay43dc
    Jay43dc Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Well done on your weight loss so far.... Keep it up
  • lyonette26
    lyonette26 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think you are doing great. You have already lost a lot of weight & I think it's wonderful that you are taking control. I am just starting - beginning at 214 and have lost 5# but I need a kick in the butt to keep going. That is why I read about MFP and decided to join. Good luck and keep it up!
  • Feistycat
    Feistycat Posts: 12,868 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Dove-person, WAY TO GO! I've lost 48 lbs over the course of 2 years and have hit my goal weight of 135 (I'm 5' 2", and age 55). So now begins the even harder part: keeping it off. I wish I could say that I love exercise, but I just don't. I get myself to the gym by saying, "It's only an hour, it's only an hour". On the food side, I try (to remember to) practice Hari Hachi Bu, which is Japanese for: Eat till you're 80% full. Translation: never full, just no longer "starving". Poor me ;) Good luck to you, Dovey. Keep on keepin' on.
  • Dove0804
    Dove0804 Posts: 213 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Feistycat wrote: »
    Dove-person, WAY TO GO! I've lost 48 lbs over the course of 2 years and have hit my goal weight of 135 (I'm 5' 2", and age 55). So now begins the even harder part: keeping it off. I wish I could say that I love exercise, but I just don't. I get myself to the gym by saying, "It's only an hour, it's only an hour". On the food side, I try (to remember to) practice Hari Hachi Bu, which is Japanese for: Eat till you're 80% full. Translation: never full, just no longer "starving". Poor me ;) Good luck to you, Dovey. Keep on keepin' on.

Thank you and congratulations to you!!! I'm actually familiar with hari hachi bu- I think it's a good guideline to go by. I think whether or not I like exercise depends on the day, but lately I've had a lot of life stresses and anxiety and I've found it's a great outlet.
    I always say "keep on keepin' on" to myself and others so I smiled when I saw you wrote that :)

Thanks everyone for your kind words and well-wishes!