YOU NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT AND WORK OUT!

Options
This is what I was told as I was strolling through my city on my way to school. Overweight people just cannot catch a break. I could only smile on the inside because since August 2015, I have lost well over 45 pounds and dropped 4 sizes in clothing. Oh, and I do work out. People usually don't question where you once were, how far you've come, and where you're going. They just see that you're still overweight and they judge. Moral of the story: ignore the ignorant, love yourself, and keep your head up because you're amazing no matter your size! :)

Replies

• BrooklynApple88
    BrooklynApple88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Plus it was unsolicited advice. So rude and obnoxious. Some people can't help themselves, I suppose.
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Nasty, rude, ignorant person that said that.
    So glad you have the good sense and self esteem to brush it off!!
    Go get it girl!!
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Congradulations on your weight loss thus far. Sounds like you are doing all the right things just keep up the good work.
    You should be very proud of what you have accomplished thus far and even prouder fro brushiung off that unsolited comment.
    God Bless you. Karma will get that person at some point some how.Again congradulations on your journey thus far.
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    afatpersonwholikesfood Posts: 577 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I had some guys yell "FAT @SS" at me from their car window as I was walking down the street some months back. I had already lost 100 pounds at that point. And even if I hadn't lost an ounce or had no intentions of losing any weight, it's pure @ssholery.
  • BrooklynApple88
    Options
    I had some guys yell "FAT @SS" at me from their car window as I was walking down the street some months back. I had already lost 100 pounds at that point. And even if I hadn't lost an ounce or had no intentions of losing any weight, it's pure @ssholery.

Funny, because the guy that said this was in a car also. I'm glad your self-esteem is through the roof! Pay these fools no mind because you're doing what's best for you!
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    afatpersonwholikesfood Posts: 577 Member
    Options

Funny, because the guy that said this was in a car also. I'm glad your self-esteem is through the roof! Pay these fools no mind because you're doing what's best for you!

What is it about dudes in cars?? Lol.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Great attitude. That guy is a loser. 45 pounds and 4 dress sizes is awesome. Congratulations.
  • BrooklynApple88
    Options
    Great attitude. That guy is a loser. 45 pounds and 4 dress sizes is awesome. Congratulations.

Thank you.
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options

No balls. Gotta insult people they don't know to feel good about themselves. Or they are just mondo misogynistic asswipes. No matter the reason, their words aren't worth the breath they wasted on them. I doubt they have any other redeeming traits, or worthwhile opinions. Sometimes eugenics doesn't sound so bad...

(Not really, eugenics is *kitten* up. But still.)
  • BrooklynApple88
    Options

No balls. Gotta insult people they don't know to feel good about themselves. Or they are just mondo misogynistic asswipes. No matter the reason, their words aren't worth the breath they wasted on them. I doubt they have any other redeeming traits, or worthwhile opinions. Sometimes eugenics doesn't sound so bad...

(Not really, eugenics is *kitten* up. But still.)

Haha.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Wow. Great attitude. And good for you!
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    "Actually, I've lost 45 pounds. You, on the other hand, are just as vile as ever."
    What I'd have been tempted to say.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Well done
    Am happy for you and happy the twit didn't spoil your flow
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    There's a socially inappropriate gesture for use with people who pull that garbage. I probably would have used it, with a smile. Fat can be fixed with diet and exercise, but there's no cure for a bad personality.
  • Konigboy
    Konigboy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Sadly, so much of our society is like this. I live in a small town, and I'm considered and outsider at that. When I was at my heaviest and owned my own business, I had friends and a social life. As I started to take control of my life and get healthy, my friends started to walk out. I have tried to meet people, but so very hard. I usually make friends faster with men, as I'm more of an outdoors girls. However, I can not tell you how many times when you go to meet someone, you hear, wow, your great on paper, but loose 40 lbs and give me a call. Had a few tell me they were comfortable with my weight now, but were afraid I would regain. Really, is it that bad anymore to be seen with an overweight person? And over and over, people give you weight loss advise of how you should be doing it. Funny, I workout more and eat healthier, but because I'm still heavy, must not be doing it right in their eyes.

Yes, the constant degrading and negativity has shot any self esteem I had to hell.

Keep up the good work.