Being Obessive

Options
Well, on facebook I put in a simple status about completing 3 workouts today, and feel pretty good. I'm not totally hurt with this remark as I had worse..and someone replies? "uum, what happened to not being obsessive?" I think being obessive with these things is letting it get so bad you workout all the time, letting it dip into your normal life like family, kids, work, school, sleep etc. Last i knew I wasn't letting it cut into any of those things, am I being obsessive? I really don't think so! :explode:

Please excuse my bad spelling in the subject line- thanks! :smile:

Replies

• kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    don't even sweat it. I used to post my workouts in my status on facebook and people went nuts. They didn't like being reminded how much I worked out and they didn't. and I explained to everyone that i posted it there to hold myself accountable. Several friends that are active or want to be told me they loved seeing the posts, it motivated them to workout. So you can please some of the people some of the time................... do what makes you happy and stuff the others.
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    had the same problem; someone gave me this quote and it shut all of them up: "obsessed is how the lazy descirbe dedicated"..havent heard a peep again from the naysayers!! u know if you are obsessing; if you dont feel like you are then you arent! keep up the good work! :wink:
  • hockeyman28
    hockeyman28 Posts: 136
    Options
    kinda have to be IMO, or you wont make it. My two workouts are embarressed by your 3
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    yeah, kndlindsey is spot on. not everybody gets it, and a lot of folks never will. that's fine ... just don't let it get you down. looks to me like you're doing great. really, really great. :)
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    I get picked on all the time about being at the gym. One of the reason's I don't "check in" places. But I do have a few friends that share the same enjoyment of working out so we chat back and forth. But most of my friends are lazy. ha So keep posting if it makes you feel good, and you never know, you might peak someones interest to get their butt in gear.
  • miss_ally08
    miss_ally08 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    By no way are you being excessive. The military pushes people to PT (HARD!) many days and nobody calls them obsessive! There is a thin line between being healthy and being obsessive. Obsessive would be like, a million work outs, not eating food, and looking at the scale every 5 seconds or something, haha.

Way to go on 3 work outs! Heck, I could care less what people say about my work outs, I do it for me and only me. So if people don't like it, they can kiss my butt!!

:)

BTW, ya'll sound like awesome people. I just read your posts and laughed. If you'd like to be friends, add me! :)
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's obsessive but, I think that some people don't want to hear about how many times you work out. That's why I never started on facebook. Don't let them get you down.

YOU DO YOU! Don't let anyone take away your thunder.
  • wannabehott
    Options
    i really dont think that's being obsessive, sweetie. dont worry about it. as long as you're doing it in a healthy way, doing three work outs is good for you. i do three work outs every other day.
    i think the line is drawn when you start to hurt your self or your friends and family. if your weight loss is cutting into those things, then just take a step back. dont worry about it sweetie, im sure your doing fine. chin up, good luck!
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    you'll never get fit if you don't let your workouts take out of your normal life, usually it's eating time, drinking time, TV time, computer time, playstation time....

obviously they are jealous at your committment to your health and fitness... just respond back to their comment and say "jealous much?"
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    My friends have all been either turning a blind eye or very supportive. I haven't had a single negative comment on my pics, check ins or comments. And I post things like this at least twice a week-sometimes more. lol

textfree_91830075.jpg
  • Cam_
    Cam_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    had the same problem; someone gave me this quote and it shut all of them up: "obsessed is how the lazy descirbe dedicated"..havent heard a peep again from the naysayers!! u know if you are obsessing; if you dont feel like you are then you arent! keep up the good work! :wink:
    Excellent quote.
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    "obsessed is how the lazy descirbe dedicated"..

or that, that is awesome!
  • Beth_1217
    Beth_1217 Posts: 29
    Options
    kinda have to be IMO, or you wont make it. My two workouts are embarressed by your 3

I agree. You kinda have to be "obsessed" if you want to accomplish something great. As long as it works for you and it doesn't burn you out, keep it up! Forget those haters! :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options

This is a great quote and I absolutely agree.............I don't share my healthy eating and exercise with very many people......one reason I love MFP is that all of you are interested in hearing about all my good habits and behaviors :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I actually have a Facebook, Tumblr and twitter and have not posted anything about my weight loss on them. I posted something about running on my blog but that was all and basically for that reason. Getting in shape and fitness are not my life and some people do not understand the work that goes into being fit etc. So not wanting to blur the lines between who I really am and what I want ( health wise) I Just inform the people who ask. That is why I love this site! :) Good luck and to heck with em!
  • Mybetterme
    Mybetterme Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You gotta not care. My youngest child bags on me for checking calories on everything. IDK. I laugh with him it is funny and fun. I am gonna be better off doing this and I know it.
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options

AMEN!
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    You're not being obsessive! I worked out 3 times today and not because I am obsessed, it's because I had a schedule. First workout my friend invited me to a morning spinning class, the second was my homework Given to me by my evil trainer which is to do p90x kenpo and ab ripper and the third was jumping rope with my son. They all fit into my life and family. Although I am very exhausted.
  • rv88
    rv88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options

yup!
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    I noticed you've lost 56 pounds. Congratulations Oh Obsessive One! Seems it was worth it. :wink:

Obsessive or not, you're doing something right! Sniff...sniff...I smell jealousy!

Hollycat
    :flowerforyou: