Hey I'm Brittany. I'm 26. Need to lose 100 pounds

Options
Hey today is my first time here so not really sure how it works. I'm looking to lose 100 pounds and had my first baby in October. I'm 26 and would love any help motivation and possibly friendship from people with similar goals or have been through it already.

Replies

• Linseymout
    Linseymout Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your baby!! Well done on choosing to get healthier. I've lost 88 pounds so far. Still got about 20 to go. Just track everything that goes into your mouth and make sure to get moving a bit (or a lot) or as much as what having a baby allows.... Good luck on your weight loss journey. There really are super nice and supportive people on here! Go for it! You got this!!!
  • SusanofRockwood
    SusanofRockwood Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I remember those days. Is Baby your first? Are you breast feeding? That uses up a lot of calories and they need to be healthy calories! Enjoy walking with the stroller, every chance you get. Sometimes just around and around at the mall.
  • brittany90fla
    brittany90fla Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Yes she is my first baby. I got preeclampsia at 6 months preg. And had an emergency c section. She was in nicu for about 6 weeks and I only lasted about a month pumping. Long story short Im no longer breast feeding. But walking her around in the stroller I can definitely do more of :-)
  • SusanofRockwood
    SusanofRockwood Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Pumping sucks ( pun intended). It will take at least a year to feel normal again. Remind yourself to take care of yourself every day and good luck. Would you like to friend me? I know how hard this is.
  • MrsG1994
    MrsG1994 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You can do it! You have already taken the first step by starting. Keep focused on what you want and not on the food you are giving up. All the best!
  • she_lived_wholly_forevermore
    she_lived_wholly_forevermore Posts: 179 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Congrats on the new baby and the goal of a healthier you. I also need to lose quite a bit. I'm down 94 so far. Feel free to add me
    :-)
  • Hispanicprincess
    Hispanicprincess Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I also trying to lose about 100+
    Congratulations on your baby girl! I am a mother of 3 under 4 years old my baby girl just turned one on May 6th. Really trying to get this weight off since I've been pregnant on and off the last 5 years. Let's work with each other in really need accountability!
  • zilliegirl
    zilliegirl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40 and I need to lose a 100 pounds. I got very sick last September and I spent 6 months in bed pretty much. .I seems like such a daunting task...I just pray I can do it and be healthy again
  • zilliegirl
    zilliegirl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Does anybody know how to add friends
  • evolutionaerie
    evolutionaerie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Brittany! Congratulations on your sweet baby! I'm also looking for friends and motivation - I've added you :)
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    We have similar goals! I am 28 and need to lose 100.
  • Billiewilliams21
    Billiewilliams21 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey congratulations on your baby! I'm 28 and I've got to lose over 100- I'll add you.
  • brittany90fla
    brittany90fla Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    zilliegirl wrote: »
    Does anybody know how to add friends

You click on their name until you get to their profile then there should be a button that's says add friends next to the send message button
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! Just choosing to try and live a healthier lifestyle means you've already done more than a good amount of the population. Remember, its a battle and won't be won overnight but if you stick with it, the benefits are amazing.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    its totally doable. many many people have lost 100+. check out the success stories.

my quick advice. read 100% everything. ignore most. weigh all your foods 100%. can't stress this enough. log everything. EVERYTHING. Get a HRM. do some form of exercise you enjoy. Don't overthink it. you will have hard days. you will mess up. those things dont matter, what matters is that you dont let it derail you.

took me a year to lose 100. been maintaining (ish) for about 3.

and for a longer introduction
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

• krissy5686
    krissy5686 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the baby! In a similar place as you are - I had my first about a year ago, and I'm finally trying to buckle down to lose the weight I gained in pregnancy (plus more to just get to a healthier place). You can do this! Feel free to add me if you'd like. :smiley:
  • fitdaisygrrl
    fitdaisygrrl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    besaro wrote: »
    its totally doable. many many people have lost 100+. check out the success stories.

my quick advice. read 100% everything. ignore most. weigh all your foods 100%. can't stress this enough. log everything. EVERYTHING. Get a HRM. do some form of exercise you enjoy. Don't overthink it. you will have hard days. you will mess up. those things dont matter, what matters is that you dont let it derail you.

took me a year to lose 100. been maintaining (ish) for about 3.

and for a longer introduction
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

This! Get a food scale, track everything you eat and focus on food. Walking is great (I attribute losing my baby weight to 80% kitchen and then those lovely long walks with my baby in the stroller) too and helps keep you moving and feeling great. Research lots too- for me, when I started looking up TDEE and BMR, I started feeling more motivated.
  • ncladee
    ncladee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've similar weight loss goals though my husband and I don't have any children. You got this though, girl! I've lost 47 lbs so far using mostly Weight Watchers Online and sensible moderation in general, and I've found that even when I wasn't on Weight Watchers, tracking everything was the biggest help. Also, though I know everyone's dietary needs differ of course, the idea that not all calories are equal has really helped me stay fuller and not give up while still working. I'll totally be a friend on here if you need some extra support! :)
  • cbrunenkant
    cbrunenkant Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your new baby! I have a 100lb goal as well, I'm about 30lbs into it. The biggest thing that I keep having to tell myself is that this is not a race, this is a lifestyle change. It doesn't matter if it takes me 1 year or 3 years or 5 years to lose my weight, this is how I want to live the rest of my life. Even when the weight is off, the changes that I'm making now are going to be part of my life forever.

There is some great advice in these forums, good luck!!
  • BinaryFu
    BinaryFu Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    No kids for me, but I have been severely injured and unable to workout. However, I continued to eat as if I was...

Sadly this means I started off my weight loss journey at 398lbs and my target weight is 200lbs. I managed to knock myself down to 325lbs and got stuck like Pooh in a honey jar. So I joined MFP here and followed their simple goals guide and am now 27lbs lighter. Hello 298lbs, I haven't seen you in almost fifteen years.

Any of you that wish to add me, you're most welcome to do so.