Breast Reduction

Options
I had a breast reduction about a year ago and I'd love to have some friends on here who have also had or are planning on having the surgery. Feel free to message or add me : )

Replies

• soupandcookies
    soupandcookies Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I had one! It was a long time ago, when I was 16, but I'd love to be friends!
  • BinaryFu
    BinaryFu Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I've never had one. My little A cups can't get any smaller! Lol.
    How do it feel now that you've had the surgery and recovered?

How do YOU feel now? Not "it" lol

At least you didn't say how do *they* feel...that might have been a little awkward...

No, that's not what I originally read...honest. >.>
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I am planning on it, depending on where I am when I am done with weight loss/recomp. I was a DD in 6th grade, an F at 145 pounds, currently at 165 pounds and a full G. If I don't get to a size i can easily find in store (DD or less) within 2 years, I will be going for it.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    After I lose another 20 pounds in going to go in for a consultation. I've lost 35 pounds so far and not an ounce from my 38DDD's...
  • its_laura_btw
    its_laura_btw Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Ahh, I really want some sort of breast augmentation definitely. They grew in so fast and they are a sorry excuse for young breasts lol. I may end up getting a reduction depending on how they look when I've lost weight. I never really lost much weight from them so it all depends on if I look somewhat in proportion or not when I get to my goal weight.
    I really do not want to be top heavy, it's a back killer!
  • ambitiousgirl20
    ambitiousgirl20 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a breast reduction next month! I'm a little nervous but I know that it will be a great change in my life. How did you feel after the surgery/how do you feel now?
  • acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I had my breast reduction in Aug 2006 (almost 10 years ago!). I was a 34F-G at the time, and ~150 pounds. Now I'm 217 pounds and 38DD, and people can't believe I had the reduction :( Working on getting back to ~150, hopefully the girls go back down. After my surgery I was a 34C-D. It was a great decision. The lift was the best though, damn those girls were perky!
    I'm getting a breast reduction next month! I'm a little nervous but I know that it will be a great change in my life. How did you feel after the surgery/how do you feel now?

Be prepared to be sore! Don't let that deter you though. My regret is that I had it done in hot weather because you can't shower for a few days. Get a body pillow, seriously. I'm a stomach sleeper and couldn't sleep on my stomach for months. Be prepared to be waited on for several days. I couldn't even unscrew the top off a water bottle for a couple of days, and getting out of a chair is difficult. You use muscles you didn't know you had since you can't use much upper body. As soon as your surgeon gives you permission, use scar cream (I used Mederma). It's pricey but really helped fade the scars.

Once you can wear underwires, you will spend $$ on cute new bras, embrace it!
  • ambitiousgirl20
    ambitiousgirl20 Posts: 6 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    acbraswell wrote: »
    I had my breast reduction in Aug 2006 (almost 10 years ago!). I was a 34F-G at the time, and ~150 pounds. Now I'm 217 pounds and 38DD, and people can't believe I had the reduction :( Working on getting back to ~150, hopefully the girls go back down. After my surgery I was a 34C-D. It was a great decision. The lift was the best though, damn those girls were perky!

Be prepared to be sore! Don't let that deter you though. My regret is that I had it done in hot weather because you can't shower for a few days. Get a body pillow, seriously. I'm a stomach sleeper and couldn't sleep on my stomach for months. Be prepared to be waited on for several days. I couldn't even unscrew the top off a water bottle for a couple of days, and getting out of a chair is difficult. You use muscles you didn't know you had since you can't use much upper body. As soon as your surgeon gives you permission, use scar cream (I used Mederma). It's pricey but really helped fade the scars.

Once you can wear underwires, you will spend $$ on cute new bras, embrace it!

You make a good point about the weather. I didn't think about that when I scheduled mine! Does the scar cream really help? Have you been noticing them fading away since the surgery?

Also how did you feel after one week? When I talked to my surgeon's assistant she said that after a week I will be able to go back to work and do some things but not all. I like being able to move around and do things so I know not being able to do what I want to do for a short period of time will be tough. How did you deal with it?
  • needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I thought women go for bigger boobs. :)
    mine are fine anyways.
  • MarriedToTheBob
    MarriedToTheBob Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm getting my implants taken out soon. Maybe before next summer. I'm a DD. I was a b cup before and hoping I'll get lucky and be left with a b, even if they're saggy from my pregnancy. Anything is better than not being able to sleep on your stomach because you're afraid you'll pop your implants.
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Probably going to get my implants out and a lift. I was thin when I had them installed and they ballooned up to 38H when I gained weight. I'm close to where I was weight wise and they're still huge at 34F. Its surprising but I never have back pain from them.
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'm getting my implants taken out soon. Maybe before next summer. I'm a DD. I was a b cup before and hoping I'll get lucky and be left with a b, even if they're saggy from my pregnancy. Anything is better than not being able to sleep on your stomach because you're afraid you'll pop your implants.

LOL implants won't pop. I've had mammograms and you know how hard they squeeze your boobies.
  • amarneu
    amarneu Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Scheduling my date once I drop some more weight! I'm super nervous as it is major surgery but at this point they really are affecting my quality of life. I'd love to hear about everyone's recovery process
  • cinnabondelights
    cinnabondelights Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    needernt wrote: »
    I thought women go for bigger boobs. :)
    mine are fine anyways.

Some women like bigger boobs and go bigger and some women who have bigger boobs mainly get reductions because of back pain.

But to each their own. :)
  • samjoy
    samjoy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I would love to when I get to or close to goal. But I don't know if I'll have the courage to once I'm there....
  • st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I want one so bad but don't know how I'll ever be able to afford it! I'm 5'4 and started off at 150 pounds (my bra size was 34DDD at that time), I'm down to 130 and they have gotten smaller but I'm not sure what size I am now. I plan on getting measured when I get down to 120. Now I'm thinking about a breast lift instead because they got smaller but they just look deflated and gross now lol
  • NJL2015
    NJL2015 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm so keen! I just worry that I have left it too late. I am 46 and almost went for it last year. I have been advised that I should lose the weight first though. I have about 25 lbs to lose.
  • jade516
    jade516 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ladies! I'm 2 weeks post surgery and I AM SO HAPPY with this decision. I'm 41, so age doesn't matter, NJL2015. I feel like a different person. Was 34GG and now am down to what feels like a C. When I look down, I can actually see my belly button (and my spare tire, but I'm going to start working on that when I can work out again).

I didn't eat so well this week and last, but I didn't have the brainspace to worry too much about logging anything. Plus hubby and kids were either picking up food or putting mini meals together. I did have the foresight to freeze some healthy leftovers, so that kept things from getting too out of hand.

Anyway... I'm available if anyone has questions or needs support on their decision.

I can't wait to ride my bike again. And run. I'm totally trying Yoga. I didn't do it before because my balance sucked. My balance powers are better 2 weeks post op than they ever were, even when I was taking karate classes. Who'd have thought?
  • slgraha
    slgraha Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I had a reduction 10 years ago and it was by far the BEST thing I have ever done for myself!!!
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I had a reduction done about 18 years ago and it was the best, and easiest surgery I have ever had done. I was back to work the same week. Had surgery on Tuesday, back to work on Friday. No pain to speak of. The only thing that was sort of irritating was that once the incisions started to really heal, they itch. Not really socially acceptable to go around scratching your chest! LOL!