Is 1 week to soon to see any result?

Options
I did not lose a single gram this past week. My food intake is not being superb (coca-cola and wine almost everyday, some high caloric meals, HOWEVER, I am, most of the time, under my daily calorie goal). And i tend to overestimate what I eat rather than the opposite.
Also, I have never exercised so much in my life as this previous week. Daily walking for 1 h. Some days I walk over 3 h (since I stopped taking the bus), plus 2 h of pole dancing 4 times per week!!!. How is it possible not losing anything???? Really frustrating... Do you have an input? Do the changes in exercise and calorie intake take more than 1 week to kick in?? Please, help, advise.... save me! Rrrrrrrrrr

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is too soon.

Also, a new exercise routine can cause temporary water retention.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Yes, one week is too soon. Keep going.
  • noon1200
    noon1200 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yes. Keep doing what you're doing for a month and then get back to us.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Yes, no, maybe....
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'd say a week was definitely too soon, it's already been said but when you start exercising you retain a little bit of water which can cause your weight to stay the same or even go up.

Keep at it for a few more weeks/a month and see if there is any difference. If you still see no change, try having a closer look at what you're eating and the calories you're burning and make sure you're in a sensible deficit :smile:
  • spoons81
    spoons81 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Ditch the scale for a while and focus on how you look and feel. Take photos and measurements. I've been doing 30 day shred and was frustrated about not seeing much of a difference on the scale, but I can button pants that wouldn't come close to buttoning before!
  • lml852014
    lml852014 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Cheesy but a good quote, "its about the journey, not the destination". Give it time! It will happen, I know you want it NOW, but you've gotta just keep pushing and it will happen in due time. I remember in January thinking omg this is going to take forever I dont wanna wait for the weight to come off but then I thought well time is going to pass either way so why not just keep at it!
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    spoons81 wrote: »
    Ditch the scale for a while and focus on how you look and feel. Take photos and measurements. I've been doing 30 day shred and was frustrated about not seeing much of a difference on the scale, but I can button pants that wouldn't come close to buttoning before!

I second this! Been less than a week since I last weighed in but I feel so much lighter and my pants today don't cut into my tummy like they did on Saturday when I last wore them.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,889 Member
    Options
    Yep ... too soon. I didn't lose a gram until I had stuck with it for a full 10 days. On the 11th day, I finally dropped a tiny bit.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    HOWEVER, I am, most of the time, under my daily calorie goal). And i tend to overestimate what I eat rather than the opposite.

Don't estimate. Weigh your food with a scale. Even with overestimation, you could still be underestimating, especially since you're not being at goal everyday yet.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Honestly lucky to lose a pound or two in the first week
  • Day_knee
    Day_knee Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You need a scale to weigh your food or else you will have no real, accurate way to know for sure just how much you're eating. If you are drinking a coke and wine every single day it has to stay within your calorie allotment for the day (coke has so much sugar though and you can certainly find a better substitute than this for drinking, besides why would you want to drink your calories?
    Calories in vs Calories out! It's all you need to lose weight.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    One week can definitely be too soon to see results.
    Meet your calorie goal. Eat a portion of the calories you earn from exercise to fuel your body properly.
    You should be as accurate as you can with your intake- weigh and measure your food and drinks, check that the entries that you are choosing are correct.
    Do long term sustainable things with your eating and exercising. Set realistic goals. If you only have 10 lbs to lose than choose .5 lbs per week.
    If you are fairly new to exercise then suddenly doing 2-5 hours a day could cause you to retain water and/or lead to burning out or injury. You might want to scale back and gradually increase your exercise over the course of several weeks.
  • Ferzssima
    Ferzssima Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you all of you! You were really helpful. Yes, I am going to start to weight my food and rethink my exercising. In 1 month I come back to tell you what is happening! Thank you!