Was this a woosh?

Options
It was real- I normally have minimal craving for carbs. But night before last, I ate chocolate. Then yesterday- peanut butter banana sandwich, a sloppy joe, another banana, a big bowl of pasta and Alfredo sauce, and chips with French onion dip. I ate it all. And was still hungry.

Well- I woke up this morning almost a full pound lighter than I've been stuck at for weeks! Was this a woosh???

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    not imo...a woosh for me is 3-4lbs gone bam.

esp after 2-3 weeks of no loss.

I suspect the craving may have to do with TOM as would the loss...
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what a whoosh is or a TOM... :/
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    cecsav1 wrote: »

TOM is time of month. Also called "shark week" around these parts.
    A woosh is when empty fat cells have been holding water and finally let go, causing while holding the water a stalled loss, then a big one when they empty.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    kaspatore wrote: »
    It was real- I normally have minimal craving for carbs. But night before last, I ate chocolate. Then yesterday- peanut butter banana sandwich, a sloppy joe, another banana, a big bowl of pasta and Alfredo sauce, and chips with French onion dip. I ate it all. And was still hungry.

Well- I woke up this morning almost a full pound lighter than I've been stuck at for weeks! Was this a woosh???

Wooshes don't cause cravings. And eating all that food has nothing to do with your loss this morning.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    TOM and "shark week" is your menstrual cycle. "Shark week" is the week of satisfying insatiable cravings.
  • cecsav1
    Options
    So why not just say menstrual cycle? Lol
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    The woosh for me is a visible and pinch thing. I may go for a week or more without seeing any difference or feeling leaner then all of a sudden for like 2-3 days in a row every morning I wake up I can see and feel the thin layer of fat under the skin being less and less. It brings me such great joy... :smiley:
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    It could very well be a whoosh. It does not have to be 2-4 pounds. And unless you are familiar with how to do the pinch test or test the fat for squishiness you would have known this was coming or did happen.

It might very well happen again over night or for several days. You don' get cravings for the carbs it just happens when someone goes nuts on the carbs and sometimes it includes wine and alcohol.

Mark the trend over the next day or two.

incase someone wants to read Lyle McDonalds take of Whooshes and Squsihy Fat.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html/
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options

Because people round these parts are delicate flowers and can't say menstruation or period. They need code words. I was very confused by this at the beginning and have simply joined the masses at this point. Shark week is a funny one though.
  • kalm3
    kalm3 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    MissusMoon wrote: »

TOM is time of month. Also called "shark week" around these parts.
    A woosh is when empty fat cells have been holding water and finally let go, causing while holding the water a stalled loss, then a big one when they empty.

Hahaha Thanks for clearing that up. I've been confused for weeks.
    I would like to order a woosh please. :p
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    brb_2013 wrote: »

Because people round these parts are delicate flowers and can't say menstruation or period. They need code words. I was very confused by this at the beginning and have simply joined the masses at this point. Shark week is a funny one though.

My mother drilled the proper words in to me. For example, I was never allowed to say stomach or tummy for uterus or womb. "The baby is in the uterus, not the tummy." Sometimes I will use TOM as a shortcut, but in that post I will have mentioned the menstrual cycle at least once.

Urban Dictionary is funny - http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shark week
    There's no consensus - Shark Week can mean the week before when a woman has PMS, the week of, and some definitions seem to combine the two. It can also refer to Discovery Channel programming.
  • cecsav1
    Options
    Yes! We don't use euphemisms in my house. I'm an adult woman; I menstruate. I am apparently not a delicate flower. Lol
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Yes! We don't use euphemisms in my house. I'm an adult woman; I menstruate. I am apparently not a delicate flower. Lol
    But the euphemisms are fun. We also like to go the other way - I frequently ask my daughter how her 'troublesome menses' are.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,993 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'll type TOM because it is 3 letters instead of 14. I never say that when I'm speaking to someone though. I do think shark week is funny and I never heard that one before I was on this forum.
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I want a woosh the only woosh I'm going to get after today is in the wrong direction :_(
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    brb_2013 wrote: »

The bolded is the funniest part of this...considering....