Hi! Does Anyone want to start the Total 10 diet with me?

Options
Hey guys! I'm Aisha. I want to start the Dr.Oz Total 10 diet and wanted to know if anyone else would like to join me. I'm a first timer, so Sure would be great if I had some company. Looking forward to hearing from as many of you as possible. xoxo

Replies

• George_Pier
    George_Pier Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    For those of you not familiar with Total10, pls check out the link below

http://www.doctoroz.com/feature/total-10-rapid-weight-loss-plan
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    But it's not Friday yet!!!
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard anything about him here, but he's a snake oil salesman.
  • Nanogg55
    Nanogg55 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Oh boy...
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    You lost me at #8.
  • trinateegardens
    trinateegardens Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    sysha14 wrote: »
    For those of you not familiar with Total10, pls check out the link below

http://www.doctoroz.com/feature/total-10-rapid-weight-loss-plan

It probably makes not difference what this diet consists of. Oz is not popular here at all. I think I did the rapid 10 - it seems sound and I liked the foods mostly. I just can't follow programed diets. If you do it, best of luck to you.
  • George_Pier
    Options
    I lost almost 70 lbs 2 years back. It was all MFP, and i gained it all back due to depression and hypothyroidism. I'm just looking for a jump off point right now really. And just wanted some support through it. Thats it.
  • quatermore
    quatermore Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Aisha thanks for the link. This diet looks a bit restrictive (no dairy, wheat, refined sugar, and processed foods) but if this diet restricts calories, as it most likely does, it will probably work just fine for you. Good luck!
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    OK I am not a Dr. Oz fan by any means but having looked at the information, I think it will be effective - basically lean protein & non starchy vegetables. MFPers will no doubt note that restricting food groups is not necessary for weight loss, but there will be folks who find the lean protein/leafy, fibrous veggie plan pretty easy to do. Go for it, sysha14 :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Oh dear. Just say no to Dr Oz.
  • godlikepoetyes
    godlikepoetyes Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I understand how frustrated you are to have gained the weight back and to need to start again. But I have a question--did you continue to log when you began maintenance? It seems, from what I've observed on the boards so far, and from friends I know, that not logging in maintenance leads to weight gain. Many people who lose and keep it off are still here, hanging around, getting support as they move into the next phase--maintaining the new lifestyle.
  • George_Pier
    Options
    I went through this whole depression phase when I was on MFP. Not because of the dieting or anything, but external stupid family forces. And I just started gaining weight, almost as quickly as I had lost. And then suddenly, my weight was increasing like 8 lbs a month and thats when I knew, I had to get myself checked. Turns out I have hypothyroidism. :( Eventually i gave up on MFP, gave up on myself. And here I am, trying to set things right again. I'm on medication for the rest of my life for hypothyroidism, so now, I can start again.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Well I can verify that having hypothyroidism (being on medication) and depression (on mild antidepressants), does not hinder weight loss. I've been hypo for about a decade, and since Sept 1/15 I've lost over 70 lbs by just logging and some exercise. It's about getting rid of the "all or nothing" mindset, and embracing a lifestyle over just "losing weight". You can do this. You don't need a Dr. Oz diet. You just need confidence in your ability. You've done this before, and you will do it again. Being hypo or depressed doesn't make you any less of a great person, and it doesn't hinder your ability to lose weight safely and sustainably.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    sysha14 wrote: »
    I lost almost 70 lbs 2 years back. It was all MFP, and i gained it all back due to depression and hypothyroidism. I'm just looking for a jump off point right now really. And just wanted some support through it. Thats it.

I don't want to support Dr. Oz, but I'd love to be a part of YOUR support network. I know hypothyroid can feel like a black hole, my mother has it and if her meds aren't just right, it's awful.
  • godlikepoetyes
    godlikepoetyes Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism and I take Lithium. I've been able to lose weight. But it can be very different for someone, esp. if you're recently medicated and still adjusting to the medication. Stay after your doctor until you have good energy. There is a range for TSH. (And make sure they do a sure profile, not just TSH. It's just onector.) I hope that you ALREADY have good energy and feel better. Depression often goes with hypothyroidism. I hope you get the kickstart you need, whether you do Dr. Oz or not. And really, it's only ten days. It's not going to hurt you.