HRM Newbie

Options
Hey guys!
I have a quick question regarding using a HRM. I have been working out, eating better, etc. and have been able to lose 16lbs so far. Today, I decided to reward myself for reaching the 15lb goal and get myself a HRM. 25lb reward is a personal trainer!

I purchased a FT7 and worked out with it this evening. I am a bit confused about the calories it says I burned.

Elliptical 43minutes 683cals Average HR 161
Treadmill 32 minutes 510cals Average HR 162

Do those numbers seem plausible? I'm 5ft9in, 195lbs, and male. I'm just a little shocked at the numbers as they are actually higher than what the particular machines said I had burned. I just don't want to mess myself up with eating them back (not that I would eat them all back usually).

Any advice or hints would be great! Thanks.

Replies

• ryan92408
    ryan92408 Posts: 11
    Options
    If your monitor has a chest strap and it is configured to your weight, height, age and sex then your numbers are going to be as close as you can get to 'perfect'. I have used a HRM for the past 3 years and LOVE it. Good luck!
  • Halothane
    Halothane Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I guess I am just looking for some reassurance that it's correct. Maybe I have definitely been working out harder than I have been giving myself credit for.
  • ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I am debating on whether or not to invest in a HRM and those numbers seem to good to believe. Wow.