New to site and needing motivation!

Options
tauny78
tauny78 Posts: 180 Member
Hi! My name is Tanya and I'm 33, a mother of 2, and I have been struggling with my weight since my first child was born 10 years ago. I need to lose about 60 - 70 pounds. I've done the research, I KNOW how to lose weight, it's just staying motivated that is my problem. Oh, and a lack of will power against sweets doesn't help either. Not to mention, I have a serious problem with low energy. I've been to the doctor for that, had tests run, and I'm healthy. So I guess I just need to deal with it and push through. I'm hoping that being a member here will finally help keep me motivated, and maybe making a few new friends who understand my issues would help too. So, give me a shout and say "hey, I know what ya mean." I'm going to really try this time, and yes, I know, I've said that before! :) But maybe, just maybe, this time is for real huh? I can hope! :)

Replies

• Hip_Dancer
    Hip_Dancer Posts: 14
    Options
    I know what you mean!!! Welcome. This is a very motivating place. You will love it here. Add me if you want.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome Tanya!!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    welcome
  • Marcieb21
    Marcieb21 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Welcome! and good luck!
  • pghsteelerfan
    pghsteelerfan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hey Tawyna....Did you write that post or did i??? It sounded like an echo going thru my computer.....man o man do i ever know what ya mean??? I had been dragging for a few months, went to doc, and like you had tests found out i'm pretty healthy for a 56 y.o. so whats my excuse now??? I lack energy becuz i am vitamin D insufficient, so i'm taking suplements now...

We just got to find time for us...push ourselves to move in some way, and this site helps by coming here and finding out youre not alone in your battles. Sooooo...I'm pushing you along...feel my hands on yer back...and you arent even dragging yer feet...so you go!!! Coming here means youre trying!!
  • utaviator
    utaviator Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Welcome Tawnya - this is my second week, and you'll find that you are more confident, engaged, and supported here than at any other time in your life. We can do it together!!!!