late night workout?

Options
is it okay if i do a late night workout around 9pm? my gym stays open until 11pm so i decided to squeeze in 30 minutes or so of cardio. i MUST get this exercise in. what do you guys think? any suggestions?

Replies

• katm427
    katm427 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with it, personally. I used to work out that late all the time. I usually do some work in the later evening now.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I work out at night (after 9) when my kids go to bed (I workout at home) and haven't had issues with it. In fact, it's how I like to end my day.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    as long as you don't think you'll be too wired to sleep, it's not a big deal. do whatever fits into your schedule the best!
  • adagolden
    adagolden Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have done a late night workout many times. Some days I don't get home until 7, my son's bed time is 8 so I can't get a workout in until after that. I think it's fine, I just make sure that I have already had dinner so I am not eating too late.
  • bluemist248
    bluemist248 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with late night workouts if they don't affect your ability to fall asleep. I wait until the rest of my household are in bed, that way I won't be disturbed, so my workouts usually take place around 10pm-1am.
  • dvusk
    dvusk Posts: 21
    Options
    I have heard that working out in the morning is the best, because it kickstarts your metabolism and has a lower risk for heart complications.

But, late exercise is better than no exercise. Personally, I work out after lunch, because that fits my day best. Whenever you can work it in, I'd say, go for it.
  • ladybarometer
    ladybarometer Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    As far as burning calories, I would think it matters!
  • jasthespazz
    Options
    sounds like it doesn't matter what time you do it, as long as you do it.

thanks so much, you guys!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    go for it! nothing wrong with working out at night if it works for you and you have the energy!
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    As far as burning calories, I would think it matters!

Agreed