Bad day for my calories

Options
Well today I didn't just have a little extra I went way over board. I ate way to much of all the wrong stuff. I had one of those days where I feel starved & nothing in the house is filling me up so I kept eating. Completely last track of calories & now I'm so sick. My stomach is a mess & I'm so bloated. Feel like I gained back all 3 lbs I worked so hard to loss the last 2 weeks. Am I the only one this happens to. If not what do yall do to stop over eating like this? Although as sick as I feel right now it may be enough of a kick for me not to do it agen. :s

Replies

• mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Just get back on the wagon tomorrow and it will be ok. You can't gain back in a day what it took two weeks to lose. Don't turn a blip into a trend.
  • Etsar73
    Etsar73 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I carry over the calories into the next day or days. Depends how much l over ate l might carry it over the week or 2 weeks. Just spread them out. I don't hate on myself anymore but l make myself accountable for the calories. If it's a huge one l have to be accountable until l have reached what looks like maintenance. So if l overate by 1200 calories... l spread them out over the 2 weeks eating 100 less a day or so to make them up. When l reach 700 l can say that other 500 would have made it a maintenance day. It's a reward for making up most of the calories but l have to be accountable to most of them. Hope that makes sense.
  • kelliepupluv
    kelliepupluv Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    First off, no beating yourself up. It isn't helpful. Second, you won't gain in one day what it took two weeks to lose. Just make sure to start back fresh tomorrow. I've done this a couple of times and just made sure to do better the next day and I've managed to lose 14 lbs so far. So.it won't be detrimental to you unless you turn it into an every day thing.
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    We all have days like that. Just do better the next day.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    There's nothing you can do now except aim to make better choices next time.

Except try to pay attention to any things that might have prompted this behaviour. For me, I can definitely tell a difference in my hunger and my eating related to my menstrual cycle. And stress plays a part too.

I think it does help to pay attention to what's going on in your body and your life when you are over eating and see if there are things you can change or at least be aware of next time.
  • lpaigewilsonmfp
    lpaigewilsonmfp Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ugh, totally me today so your not alone. Im planning to go for a good workout tomorrow morning and already mentally planned 3 balanced meals tomorrow so I won't be tempted to graze like I did today.
  • katiestenton
    katiestenton Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Ive done this for the past 5 days straight! It makes me feel really sick too, which gives me motivation to eat healthier. Good luck x