Weight creeping up

Options
I got to my goal weight. I maintained it for a couple years. I recently started gaining. It started it October. Goal was 170. I am now at 185 ish. I have had a few changes shortly before the gaining trend. One. I had to do iron infusion treatments and continue to have to take iron pills. 2. I gave up diet soda. 3. I went thru a bad seperation and divorce. I since have started a new relationship with a co worker. I feel like my will power nose dived. I was maintaining for a while and quit logging and for a while didn't have internet access.. I now do and slowly getting back into logging and working on adding my healthy choices with food back into my day. I do in home care and find staying on track the hardest. Anyone have any experience with the anemia or quitting diet soda?

Replies

• Rebekahl87
    Rebekahl87 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that! I can't relate to your health obstacles, but I had some life happen last October too, and I let it distract me from my goals. I'm just now getting back on track. It's made a huge difference getting involved in a fitness and nutrition support group and having that extra accountability in both my nutrition and my workouts. Sharing my goals with people at work has also been a motivator to stay on track. These people are observing everything I do, so I have to walk the walk and not just talk the talk, you know? Do you have someone or a group of someones to support you in this?
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I have a small group of girl friends on Facebook group..I will be a 8 miles trail run with one and half marathon with another one this summer so I do have support.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    If anything, I think my untreated anemia would have caused weight gain as normally when I'm fatigued I want carbs and nothing to do with exercise.

However, I traditionally gain weight when in a new relationship as I change my eating and exercise habits for the worse.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I know I have missed workouts with new relationship but we haven't done eating out. He Is a pretty healthy eater. Eats up all the fruit. I feel like I am getting more on track so hopefully I will see numbers go Down.
  • gonzalde
    gonzalde Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello there. I can also relate to being anemic. I currently take iron pills and an devistated that I have to. My cholesterol levels were high and my glucose skyrocketed like no other. However, I needed to make a lifestyle change... I haven't Drank sodas in 3+ years, started exercising, and eating clean healthier meals. What helps me he most is having my kids eat the same things I do. It's awesome when you have someone to share it with. I am with you!
  • Rebekahl87
    Rebekahl87 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    mygrl4meee wrote: »
    Thanks. I have a small group of girl friends on Facebook group..I will be a 8 miles trail run with one and half marathon with another one this summer so I do have support.

That's awesome! Training can be a great motivator to stick to it, and it's even better when you have someone there for accountability too.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I gained 30lb in a year and know my relationship was behind it. I have health issues but they are well managed. Im glad youre getting back on track