6 eggs a day

Options
nash_ap
nash_ap Posts: 5 Member
What does everyone here think? According to WebMD, dietary cholesterol has very little affect on blood cholesterol. Their research claims that a male eating 7 eggs a day over a period of time received normal results. Has anyone tried this? Thank you for your time.

Replies

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I don't eat 6 eggs a day but I eat 2 extra large or jumbo eggs most days. I just had my cholesterol tested and it was spot on.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Another article on eggs:

https://authoritynutrition.com/how-many-eggs-should-you-eat/

Eggs have been demonized for decades and it's only recently that this has changed. I eat eggs once or twice a week; 6 eggs a day every day would tend to put me off eggs, but if someone loves them that much and is healthy, I say good for them. I personally believe in "everything in moderation" as a good rule of thumb -- eggs included.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I haven't done it but don't think there's anything wrong with it. Eggs had gotten a bad rap but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. That's a whole lotta egg eating though.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Expensive? Unless subbing for chicken breast or beef.
  • jen_bush
    jen_bush Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I used to do it, when I was really broke. I would literally live off eggs and frozen veggies - my cholesterol was perfect when I got it tested when my mum thought it must be off the roof with such diet... I probably ate around 6-8 eggs a day.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Diem78 wrote: »
    I eat minimum 2 eggs per day, sometimes up to 4. LOVE eggs!

Same here! Eggs for breakfast almost every morning. And sometimes we have breakfast for dinner when my daughter requests it.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs every day. Sometimes real eggs, sometimes from the box. My cholesterol is fine.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    LazSommer wrote: »
    Expensive? Unless subbing for chicken breast or beef.

Less than 2 bucks for a meal is not expensive.
  • andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I'm just shutting my 30 hens away now :-)
  • nash_ap
    Options
    Thank you all for your input. It's nice to hear from real people. I have been eating 6 eggs a day along with a cup of Quaker Oats for about 7months now. I've been feeling great at the gym. Thanks again y'all.
  • andysport1
    Options
    nash_ap wrote: »
    Thank you all for your input. It's nice to hear from real people. I have been eating 6 eggs a day along with a cup of Quaker Oats for about 7months now. I've been feeling great at the gym. Thanks again y'all.
    So what else do you eat ?
    I eat about 20 eggs a week, brilliant as a snack (boiled)

• nash_ap
    Options
    andysport1 wrote: »

For lunch I eat a can of tuna with a banana, and for dinner I eat either 2 chicken breasts or a 6-8 ounce NY striploin steak along with a small portion of vegetables. I also have 2 glasses of milk and 8 cups of water and 3 cups of coffee somewhere within the day.
  • andysport1
    edited May 2016
    Options

• cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    andysport1 wrote: »

For lunch I eat a can of tuna with a banana, and for dinner I eat either 2 chicken breasts or a 6-8 ounce NY striploin steak along with a small portion of vegetables. I also have 2 glasses of milk and 8 cups of water and 3 cups of coffee somewhere within the day.

Haha. Almost my exact meals minus the milk!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    There's a whole lot more to worry about than dietary cholesterol. Enjoy your eggs.
  • pikselinka
    pikselinka Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    What does everyone here think? According to WebMD, dietary cholesterol has very little affect on blood cholesterol. Their research claims that a male eating 7 eggs a day over a period of time received normal results. Has anyone tried this? Thank you for your time.

I am no man, but I eat at least an egg a day, up to 3-4 depending on a day. Have been doing this for years now and feel great. Also eggs are a great source of iodine.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Eggs taste good. I say eat them