Help me please, this is stressful and upsetting!! :(

Options
For the last 3 weeks I have been eating healthy, barley any sweets and cake or what ever. I have been exerciseing for like 2 and a half of those 3 weeks, like really intense workouts. I have been seeing results (not that much weight loss because 3 weeks isn't long) but I have lost ALOT Of weight in my thighs, arms and a bit of my tummy and that's good. But on the scales however, before I started to workout I weight 10 stone 10 pounds, then I weight 10stone 7.5 pounds the week after, and u weight 10 stone 8.5 pounds and then today I weigh 10 stone 7 and a qourter pounds.

So the question is, how have I lost weight but not the pounds ?

Replies

• allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Eating"healthy" doesn't mean anything. The amount of calories you are eating vs the amount you are burning is the key. Exercise is great but you cannot out-exercise a poor diet. Controlling how much you consume matters more. There are many threads on how to do that. Most are sticky threads for newbies.
  • pcpop7
    pcpop7 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Sorry I am failing to find what is upsetting or stressful exactly. You think you have lost more that the scale is showing ? You've lost a lb a week so again what is upsetting and traumatic ?
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Sounds like you've lost 3 lbs in 3 weeks. That's awesome.

Strenuous exercise causes Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS) which causes water retention to help muscles heal, and thus weight gain.

It's normal for your weight to go up a pound or two a day or two after a heavy workout.

If you've been logging and weighing your food accurately and eating at a calorie deficit, you'll have lost weight. Best wishes.

^^this plus.. 1/4 lb is 150g. I doubt your scales are accurate to that level. Round to the nearest pound and consider the trend rather than individual data points.
  • Kimbly69
    Kimbly69 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    In addition to the other comments if you are working out and finding your losing body mass that isn't reflected in the scale.. remember a pound of muscle is smaller than a pound of fat.. which is a good thing.. a pound a week is nothing to be upset about either way... good job
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    For the last 3 weeks I have been eating healthy, barley any sweets and cake or what ever. I have been exerciseing for like 2 and a half of those 3 weeks, like really intense workouts. I have been seeing results (not that much weight loss because 3 weeks isn't long) but I have lost ALOT Of weight in my thighs, arms and a bit of my tummy and that's good. But on the scales however, before I started to workout I weight 10 stone 10 pounds, then I weight 10stone 7.5 pounds the week after, and u weight 10 stone 8.5 pounds and then today I weigh 10 stone 7 and a qourter pounds.

So the question is, how have I lost weight but not the pounds ?

You lost about 3 lbs in 3 weeks which is a reasonable amount. Your expectations may not be realistic if you expect to lose more in that time period with your starting weight or get stressed and upset about losing 3 lbs and inches off your body.
    Keep going and have a calorie deficit and you will lose more weight.
  • EmmaCaz4
    EmmaCaz4 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Focus on what you're seeing in your body rather than on the scale. If you're seeing visible results then just focus on that & don't worry so much about what's on the scales, you've lost 3lbs in 3weeks though which is a healthy amount but like other posters have said... There's water weight etc to be incorporated.

Well done on your loss though, keep it up :)