Maternity Leave Mommies?

Options
Any mommies out there just recently give birth and trying to loose the post pregnancy weight? I gave birth to my 2nd child in May and had gained 52 lbs when I was pregnant. I just finished breastfeeding and have started taking control of my body again by starting my workout and diet. I hate this in between stage where your pre-pregnancy clothes won't fit and your maternity clothes make you sick. Also, due to the way my son was in my stomach (all out front) I am now carrying a "pooch" of a belly which is not attractive at all. I dread watching my boobs shrink back to normal from the lack of breastfeeding only to see how far my stomach really does stick out.

Geez, the joys of motherhood.

Replies

• becababe16
    becababe16 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Any mommies out there just recently give birth and trying to loose the post pregnancy weight? I gave birth to my 2nd child in May and had gained 52 lbs when I was pregnant. I just finished breastfeeding and have started taking control of my body again by starting my workout and diet. I hate this in between stage where your pre-pregnancy clothes won't fit and your maternity clothes make you sick. Also, due to the way my son was in my stomach (all out front) I am now carrying a "pooch" of a belly which is not attractive at all. I dread watching my boobs shrink back to normal from the lack of breastfeeding only to see how far my stomach really does stick out.

Geez, the joys of motherhood.
  • crazybigchick
    Options
    I delivered number 4 on Christmas Eve. I gained around 54 but still had 10 on from number 3. ( I gained 70 with my first 2 and 60 with my 3rd)

I have lost 42 pounds but still have the last 22 to go, so it looks like we have very similar goals. Just joined a few days ago. Welcome and congrats on your new addition. :happy: :happy: If it helps, my body bounced back better than ever after number two. It was number three that made my boobs fall off. lol I am sure you will be back to your pre-baby body in no time.
  • sftbutterflykiss
    sftbutterflykiss Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    i gave birth do my sixth child on january 16th.. my first and only c section... i was also gestational diabetic .. and on insilin shots two times a day during my pregnancy.. the baby was 8lbs 15oz.. he wasnt my biggest outta the six.. but ... his belly was big.. soo the c section ws the only way... but im happy my tubes are tied.. now im consitrating on my weight lose without .. even thinking that i might get pregnant again... soo yes im working on the baby weight from all sixths pregancies..lol:noway:
  • Mattysmomma
    Mattysmomma Posts: 268
    Options
    I gave birth to my first Dec 12 07. I gained lots of weight. About 65. I hate it! I use her as an excuse to be fat, need to stop!
  • J_Jill
    J_Jill Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I gave birth to my first on November 28, gained about 40 pounds. I lost 20 right away but since then I have lost about 7 pounds in 6 months (horrible). I'm still breastfeeding and probably will for a couple more months though I am so ready to have my body back. Good luck! We can do it!!:bigsmile:
  • back2beingme
    Options
    My third is about to be one (he's the cutie to the left:smooched: ) next month-so I can no longer use him as my excuse...I gained 50 lbs with each of my three. After my second (when I thought we were DONE) I lost all of my weight and then some. I looked HOT :smokin: :love: if I do say so myself. Too hot I guess, cuz the hubby wanted to try for number three:blushing: . So here I am almost a year later, wondering, hoping, trying, to get back to what I looked and felt like a year and ten months ago...I did it once-I can do it again! I know it will be work, but I felt so much better all around when I looked better and had more energy.:happy:
  • anncook158
    anncook158 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Shopping for maternity clothes while you're pregnant can be an exciting task with the right knowledge and mindset. Here are stylish maternity clothes for those who pregnant or is going to be.