Breakfast at work?

Options
13»

Replies

• jenniferpiotrowski0
    jenniferpiotrowski0 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can make this sweet potato pie smoothie and take it to go at work..its very filling too! I have it all the time for breakfast..its a nutribullet recipe but it works in a blender too http://pin.it/bdp8UKr
  • krishnap1104
    krishnap1104 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've been doing coffee with milk and ginger with no sugar, and one English muffin lately. Still not helping. Maybe I do need some eggs. It is so hard because hard boiled eggs can be smelly and I work in a cubicle.
  • lurline27
    lurline27 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Can you try a good protein shake?
  • krishnap1104
    Options
    I am not a huge fan of protein shakes. Atleast, I haven't had one that is good.
  • jomo1113
    jomo1113 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    We premake breakfast burritos at our house, and breakfast "casseroles." Scrambled egg whites, peppers and onions, meat of choice, wrapped in a spinach wrap. You can make a bunch at one time, wrap in freezer paper, and put them in a freezer bag. They reheat really well in the mornings. I also will make something like an eggwhite frittata that makes 5 servings and eat on that in the mornings at work. Just heat it up when I get to my office.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    dklibert wrote: »
    I use to bring yogurt with a storage bag of grape nuts cereal, dried fruit, sunflower seeds and unsweetened coconut. I liked pina coloda yogurt best with the mix. Or yogurt and Graham crackers.

I do something similar to this^

When I'm packing my lunch the night before - I dump yogurt in a large covered mug, then add berries. I measure out FiberOne cereal and nuts, place is a small zip-lock baggie. In the a.m. I can dump the dry ingredients into the yogurt & berries.

Pre-cooking oatmeal (covered mug again) .....then add banana slices, nuts & reheat. I keep banana slices in the freezer at work.
  • DebDesautels
    DebDesautels Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I make mini egg frittata cups. In fact I'm making them as we speak. For a regular one dozen muffin pan (I use a silicone one): 6 eggs, 1 cup egg beaters, 1 cup 1% milk whisked together. The filling can be whatever you want - just precook it. Today it's chicken breakfast sausage, spinach and feta. I fill each cup about 2/3 of the way with the filling and then add the egg mixture. Bake at 375 for ~25 minutes or until the center is set. I eat two for a serving - they're about 125 calories each, depending on your filling. They're fine for the fridge for 5-6 days but you can also freeze them.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,

I have a lot of trouble coming up with easy recipes for breakfast. I don't have time to eat in the morning, so I always eat at my desk. Here are some of the things I usually eat
    -Fiber One Cookie and Coffee
    -Fruit (melons)
    -Cliff Bar

My go-to breakfasts are protein bars, yogurt + berries, oatmeal with PB+ protein powder + banana. I always start the day with a protein bar pre-workout and then eat one of these as soon as I arrive at work.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I eat a greek yogurt when I arrive at 7:30 and then have second breakfast (usually nuts, cheese and a fruit) around 10:30 or 11. Lunch is 12 or 1 depending on the snack and then I have another snack 3 or 4pm which helps me not eat the house when I get home. :) I plan all my food out the night before.
  • CaptainPepperJack
    CaptainPepperJack Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I juggle these around during the week. Breakfast 1 and 5 are when I'm really not hungry. I don't like making or eating breakfast.

1) 15 almonds for protein
    2) Berries (6 oz of blueberries or raspberries)
    3) Yogurt
    4) Other fruit like a banana, 1/2 melon, or any citrus
    5) 2 cups of coffee and tons of water
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I like to have half a whole wheat bagel with cream cheese and a yogurt.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I have a mini-fridge in my office that I stock with greek yogurt, protein shakes and my unsweetened coconut milk. I have some cereal and granola in one of my drawers and I'm still not burnt out on granola in a yogurt for breakfast...soooo good! Also, as another poster wrote -- bring some fruit and VOILA, you have a parfait!
  • krishnap1104
    Options
    Does coconut milk taste good?
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I like to make it the night before: flatbread with sliced turkey and veggies. Roll it up and put in a Ziploc baggie. I can eat it without needing fork, spoon, micro. etc. I like cilantro, onions, cheese, peppers, lettuce, etc.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options

Yes! I can't tell the difference when consuming it with cereal.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options

My husband is not calorie counting nor does he need to. He is newly obsessed with coconut milk, though.
  • frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    3 minute five grain cereal cooked halfway in microwave. add egg and poach about a minute more. a little s&p. quick and filling.
  • soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I scramble eggs with spinach and tomatoes and cheese with either bacon or sausage. I do this on the weekend and portion it for each day of the week. All I need to do is heat it up at work!
  • Taylorgo90
    Taylorgo90 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I usually have a smoothie - one banana, cup of spinach and almond milk. Very delicious and nutritious