Before, In Between and Close to Goal Pics

Options
Penguinita
Penguinita Posts: 159 Member
Hello everyone!!! I've been on this weight loss journey since '09 and only recently joined this forum thanks to the my fitness pal app for my android which I have fallen in love with. I now don't have an excuse to NOT log anymore.

Stats:
SW: 198
CW: 144.8
GW: 135
FINAL GW: 128
Height: 5'4.5"

I'm not sure how to post pics here so here goes, I hope I get it right the first time

Before @ 198lbs :

5882576323_a9888f800f.jpg
Before Weight Loss W/ Rachel Ray by LunaLatte, on Flickr

5883137702_d6af9090d3.jpg
Before with Carrie Underwood by LunaLatte, on Flickr

In Between Photos 170-160s:
5882589009_596e8d99f9.jpg
In Between Walmart by LunaLatte, on Flickr
5882588965_8a00a3bce4.jpg
In Between Home by LunaLatte, on Flickr

Now @ 144.8 close to goal:
5883134420_75269f466a.jpg
shorts by LunaLatte, on Flickr

5882572799_b05e24a381.jpg
june 28 pic 2 by LunaLatte, on Flickr

I started out just learning how to eat better, didn't count calories and my only form of exercise was walking. After I reached the 170s I began going to the gym regularly and started counting calories but would forget to log most days. It has been a long journey, I've tried many dvds and so far I'm loving Jillian Micheal's 30 Day shred. I tried P90x but ended up getting injured so I wont go back to it, its way too intense for me.

Replies

• CharNordie
    CharNordie Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    nope...can't see your pics
  • Penguinita
    Options
    Sorry I'm trying a couple of things this is harder than I thought >.<!
  • maryd4love
    maryd4love Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Charrisse
    Charrisse Posts: 163
    Options
    bump
  • Penguinita
    Options
    FINALLY!! LOL Sorry. I've finally got it.
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    well... it SOUNDS like you're doing a great job! :) lol

As far as the technical side... I don't know how Flikr works, but from PhotoBucket you copy the IMAGE code and change IMG to img....
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • minnie86
    minnie86 Posts: 187
    Options
    omg, congrats! you look amazing! I'm starting at your starting weight so it is a big motivation for me! Thank you soo much for sharing, how did you accomplish your goal?
  • Penguinita
    Options
    I was able to get it right, maybe refreshing the page? If it doesn't work let me know. Thanks!!
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    you look amazing.........simply beautiful! Congrats on your success!! :flowerforyou:
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I can see the pictures, you look great!! Amazing job!
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job! Amazing transformation. Just the motivation I needed. If you can do it, I know I can too. :)
  • Penguinita
    Options
    To Minnie86:
    Hey! I'm so glad I was able to give you some inspiration. The biggest thing I can tell you is that, when you fall ( i fell of the wagon TONS of times) just remember that time still passes on so keep at it and before you know it you'll be closer and closer to goal.

As for as methods I tried so many things. At first I tried a weight loss pill w/ green tea and stopped the first week because it made me so jittery. I decided just to walk from and to the train station I use to go to school, the trip is about 3.2 miles. And after I gained a bit of confidence I started going to the gym 2 times a week (usually saturday and sunday) and gradually added a day during the week. I now, however, suggest to hit the gym now! I was very self conscious so that stopped me. But when I started going to the gym I realized no one is there to look at you, everyone is so focused on working out that if someone got shot we'd all be horrible witnesses since we're all mostly in our own world.

Some months I lost 5-6lbs some none, don't ever blame yourself for any gains or plateaus. Our bodies are complicated and many factors like salt intake, anxiety, alcohol, water can affect the number on the scale. Good Luck!!!
  • Penguinita
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the lovely comments!!! I hope to reach goal at the most by Christmas, hopefully way before than. Your words give me even more inspiration to keep at it. Thank you all!
  • minnie86
    minnie86 Posts: 187
    Options
    To Minnie86:
    Hey! I'm so glad I was able to give you some inspiration. The biggest thing I can tell you is that, when you fall ( i fell of the wagon TONS of times) just remember that time still passes on so keep at it and before you know it you'll be closer and closer to goal.

As for as methods I tried so many things. At first I tried a weight loss pill w/ green tea and stopped the first week because it made me so jittery. I decided just to walk from and to the train station I use to go to school, the trip is about 3.2 miles. And after I gained a bit of confidence I started going to the gym 2 times a week (usually saturday and sunday) and gradually added a day during the week. I now, however, suggest to hit the gym now! I was very self conscious so that stopped me. But when I started going to the gym I realized no one is there to look at you, everyone is so focused on working out that if someone got shot we'd all be horrible witnesses since we're all mostly in our own world.

Some months I lost 5-6lbs some none, don't ever blame yourself for any gains or plateaus. Our bodies are complicated and many factors like salt intake, anxiety, alcohol, water can affect the number on the scale. Good Luck!!!

thanks a lot! I also felt weird to go to the gym, but I am going now :) thank you so much for your advice. You look amazing!!! congrats again!
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!
  • frankbo25
    frankbo25 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Woweeee!!! I know people say this alot but you really do look like a different person, amazing! great job
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Wow, I came across your post at the right time. I've been feeling down this week because I only lost 0.2lbs this week, and sometimes I wonder if I'll ever get to my goal. Thanks for posting your pics and your tips!
  • lauralhicks
    lauralhicks Posts: 168
    Options
    Well done!
  • SoFancySoBlessed
    SoFancySoBlessed Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an awesome journey! You look wonderful!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!