One for the Ladies: Weight gain on period

Options
So ladies I've got a question for you, Do any of you experience weight gain in your period I noticed this last month and the following week had a bigger loss. This month I'm in the same situation I'm 1lb heavier than last official weigh-in and 2lb heavier than my sneaky unofficial weigh in before my period.

Is this normal? Does anyone else experience this?

Replies

• faji2015
    faji2015 Posts: 93 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    It's totally normal. It will start to go away during the mid of your period.
  • spring913
    spring913 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    It's normal for me to not see any loss when I have my period or even a small gain. But my body always catches up the next week as long as I stick to eating healthy and exercising.
  • philippakate197
    philippakate197 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Totally normal. I see no change in the scales from the day before my period til about 3 days after, then a huge drop.
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Yep totally normal. I actually gain weight before, then it holds steady until midway through then the weight just melts away. It's kind of twistedly exciting :p
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Perfectly normal to be up 3lbs+ for 5 to 9 days ....
  • angelamccann1974
    angelamccann1974 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I gain about 2# around midsection and feel exhausted and sluggish for about a week with my cycle. Then I start losing the week after. Completely normal!
  • nikkxjohnson
    nikkxjohnson Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yep! My weight tends up creep up anywhere from 3-5lbs. I bloat bad!
  • ho11y4271
    ho11y4271 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Not me. I weighed myself this morning and I'm in the middle of my period, and lost 2lb!
  • smileymaxine
    smileymaxine Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Week before I literally gain 1.5-3kg it's a *kitten* disaster for me . I have to raise my water/salt and carb intake to keep energy but all comes off week after . I weigh in once a week and track it . Don't be disheartened water weight is normal
    Hormones woo >_>
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I gain 2-3# at ovulation and it likes to hang around for 10ish days.
  • mappeal67
    mappeal67 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yes! Every time. It's hard being a woman!
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    up about 2-3lbs for the week of while in deficit.
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I seem to gain a lb or two in ovulation week and then up to 4 or 5 just before my period! Disappears a few days into the period usually.