Mom from Florida looking for support.

Options
bb544085
bb544085 Posts: 5 Member
Hi all, my name is Brandy. I'm a 34 year old married mother of 3 who is at her all time highest weight. I would love to meet people who are like me, trying to lose weight and serious about it this time. For me, I want instant gratification so the hardest thing for me is to continue to push myself through after only losing a pound here and pound there. I work at FedEx Office and there are always temptations with fast food on every corner and people eating that wonderful smelling food all the time. However one the most satisfying things that has happened since I started my diet just over a month ago, is seeing people at work also start watching what they eat too. Hope to hear from some folks.

Replies

• catelee_03
    catelee_03 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i hear you with the temptations at work, i work at a bakery! :s:s I tend to bring lots of healthy snacks, like veggies and hummus or apples with peanut butter. feel free to add me!
  • navdeeprana
    navdeeprana Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add cheers...
  • pmason79
    pmason79 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling also! I work in a biscuit factory. So hard when they taste so good. Keep up the good work and stay strong.

Bless x
  • Kellikat80
    Kellikat80 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm a mom of 2 (13 y/o and 10 y/o). I'm in Orlando. Nice to meet you. Feel free to add me :) I know what you mean about having to resist the smell of foods near by, but you can battle that with your own freshly made homemade foods. I send food with my husband to work and I have a reputation for being a good cook and Baker there with his co-workers. They are always getting jealous that he gets to eat this fantastic smelling food and they are stuck with whatever. He will share and they rave over it. They don't care how healthy it is, it tastes great and fresh. So, make yourself some amazing homemade soup or something and enjoy your healthy lifestyle. I love the smells too, but I think how great it would taste homemade and get my ingredients and start cooking. So, didn't realize I was writing a book, ha-ha.
  • bb544085
    bb544085 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much! It's hard but I'm trekking through. I want to give up most days but I'm glad I haven't yet.
  • maggieb12345
    maggieb12345 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I too was at my highest weight. I find that when I am at home during the evenings or weekends is when I want to eat the most. When I get hungry, I try to put a work out video on and do as much as I can. I find this really helps curb the cravings for some reason. And by videos, I mean, I Just go on you tube and type in cardio or hiit or whatever I feel like doing. Good luck! The struggle is real!
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I think you'll find a lot of 'us' are in the same (or similar) boat. We got to our highest weight and decided to make a change.

Good luck with those temptations - I work in an office and we're always having a potluck of some sort. We enjoy chicken-n-waffles and lots of other high fat yummy things. The 'joke' is when you start our company - you'll gain the 'freshman 15'. The key is - moderation! If it fits your calories for the day, don't deprive yourself. And if you eat something extra at a meal, cut back on the other meals to make up for it.

Feel free to add me. :smile: I log in every day and my diary is open.
  • Adelia979
    Adelia979 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I also work at FedEx Office (in Ohio) and I know exactly what you mean by all of the fast food joins nearby. My manager is also an avid baker so there's constantly sweets and goodies for everyone, the struggle is real.